British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Wolves v Kings Lynn 25/7/22

There HAS been some decent Speedway racing tonight, with a close scoreline... I would have hated to have turned off after heat 6 :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Dont Speedway riders ever watch racing from Monmore?

I presume not...:D

Nor I presume must their team managers...

Edit: And again...:rolleyes::unsure:

You said earlier even more experienced riders have struggled around Monmore albeit reserves as quoted.But didn't an experienced ex rider say before the meeting it's harder than you think to actually hit that inside spot.If your riding it week in week out you can learn where to hit,doing 4 races now and again you most probably won't.

I think Jorgensen moved then...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You said earlier even more experienced riders have struggled around Monmore albeit reserves as quoted.But didn't an experienced ex rider say before the meeting it's harder than you think to actually hit that inside spot.If your riding it week in week out you can learn where to hit,doing 4 races now and again you most probably won't.

Used to watch Joe Screen as an 18 year old kid riding inches from the white line at both Monmore and Kirky Lane..

The Yanks too were all very adept at it...

Throttle Control...

Lewis Kerr does it again. 

The guy clearly hasn't been watching what's happening on the track tonight. He's the sole reason why KL may leave with nothing tonight.

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Used to watch Joe Screen as an 18 year old kid riding inches from the white line at both Monmore and Kirky Lane..

The Yanks too were all very adept at it...

Throttle Control...

So how many years back are you going.Wasn't the track much different and better prepared back then.

Just now, tellboy said:

So how many years back are you going.Wasn't the track much different and better prepared back then.

Bikes were different too, most importantly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't worry KL fans.

Lewis Kerr will be riding the final few fixtures for my team soon when KL ring the changes. You just know he's going to get dumped on our doorstep. 

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Absolutely.

Just now, tellboy said:

Maybe but it is very slick on the inside yet the Stars are flying across the apex  to mid track and the outside...

The line is go in wider, lock up, and cone out narrower..

Like it has been for donkeys years..

Hence "Karlsson's Corridor"...

And I watched Peter in the early 90's to the noughties and beyond...

7 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Presume the Wolves riders' bikes tonight are the ones they all used to ride in the 90's? :D

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Have you seen Swedish or Danish League Speedway? It ain't all that,  easily comparable with British Speedway in terms of presentation and quality (of racing) and British Speedway is probably better

Yep, seen it and agree it is a bad as the British version.. While the racing has its moments it is not top draw in terms of a spectacle it is a poor relation. While the meetings can entertain, they offer mediocre competitive racing and those riders competing are not top level but nevertheless do manage to put on a show. Just do.not over sell, the product, it is second rate.

• Like 1