British Speedway Forum
baiden

Ben Barker positive drug test

I recall Hans Nielsen commenting that it was long overdue that random drug testing was introduced to the sport and was in full favour of the practice back in the late eighties early nineties when it was well known that many riders were taking drugs.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 3:24 PM, steve roberts said:

I recall Hans Nielsen commenting that it was long overdue that random drug testing was introduced to the sport and was in full favour of the practice back in the late eighties early nineties when it was well known that many riders were taking drugs.

Niels Kristian Iversen said pretty much the same a few years back.

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:33 PM, Lord Skid said:

Doesn't matter, failing a drug or alcohol test is cheating, it's not a grey area. He has a list of all banned substances, should have read it 

Cheating and blinking dangerous for himself & those he raced against as I'm sure there would be an far higher chance of causing a crash when yer brain is wobbly!

Edited by Turnip

4 hours ago, Turnip said:

Cheating and blinking dangerous for himself & those he raced against as I'm sure there would be an far higher chance of causing a crash when yer brain is wobbly!

I was at Eastbourne the afternoon that Kelly Moran turned up worse for wear and in his two rides didn't get further than the first bend falling off on both occasions before being quickly withdrawn by the "Eagles" management.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, Odds On said:

I wonder just how many riders are tested over the course of a season or career, you'd like to think all riders are tested at least once a season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....and their machinery too!!

On 8/28/2022 at 3:01 AM, cinderfella said:

.....and their machinery too!!

Not as regular as you would think mayb more common in gps 

They just said it was in September, might be at the end. Though assuming it will be in first half of the month.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:18 PM, Fromafar said:

What is the hold up regarding Barkers hearing.Does he need Legal representation.

Could a "guest" be allowed?

With a reading no more than 5% higher obviously...:D

15 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Can't see why it's taken more than a week to work out what's in his sample

They obviously know what’s in the sample,it’s just what they are going to do about it.

Suspended till March 2023    see SCB website

Edited by Dornier