British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP Saturday August 27th

Very good GP I have to say, some great racing, great atmosphere.

Dan Bewley comes from nowhere to win, and all of a sudden he's 3rd in the standings, and he wasn't even on the original starting 16 before the first SGP!!!

Really amazing effort by this young man. Defo big things for this lad. Lambert also did very well to get on the podium.

Some great racing,just shows what you will get if you give the riders decent track to race on.Well done to Dan,I personally don’t like the points system but the riders at least know what they have to do.

We all known what Vojens will be like another gaters Paradise.

Well can only say what a fantastic experience the Sgp 3 was full on gp treatment for all riders if they aren't inspired by it all they never will be .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Well can only say what a fantastic experience the Sgp 3 was full on gp treatment for all riders if they aren't inspired by it all they never will be .

I only normally post video`s in the international section but think it`s worth posting here if anyone hasn`t watched it yet  https://vk.com/video/@speedway.portal?fbclid=IwAR3y60eglV6h9vTKwHb9WJLvc7kQsUBdtsggMivFSXQoZP6LT_oMRXuBwrg&z=video393669591_456240588%2Fpl_393669591_-2

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I only normally post video`s in the international section but think it`s worth posting here if anyone hasn`t watched it yet  https://vk.com/video/@speedway.portal?fbclid=IwAR3y60eglV6h9vTKwHb9WJLvc7kQsUBdtsggMivFSXQoZP6LT_oMRXuBwrg&z=video393669591_456240588%2Fpl_393669591_-2

Thank you so much! That was a great meeting! Not sure if it was the fact that the kids were evenly matched, or it was the bikes that were evenly matched? Perhaps it was the fact that Fireman Phil didn't keep flooding the track...

One thing I noticed - and it took me back a few years - was the fact that unlike the "men", the kids were using more of the old "foot-forward" style.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, Daniel Smith said:

That's not really the case is it. Wroclaw is home from home for Bewley :lol:

That's probably why I respect Lambert's 3rd a higher achievement to be honest. 

Saying that, it really is nice seeing a changing of the guard in front of our eyes, watching the youngsters pushing Woffinden behind them & giving themselves a good showing against the world's best. 

Unfortunately, I just don't see any true English quality following these 2 to challenge in the next 5/10yrs.

We as English, must saver these 2 while they're here 

england-england-flag.gif

Jumping in very late; Bewley still won though admittedly only just made the final.  Still not a huge fan of the format as riders really just need to pace themselves to score  ideally 9 or more to make the semis, finish top 2 to transfer to the final itself then go flat out, Smarzlik does this and makes it work so gotta say good luck to him.....

On 8/28/2022 at 11:27 AM, comet49 said:

Watched it after getting in from something we’d booked a while back, fantastic Dan and would have been great watching it in the club, the atmosphere.

I was there place was buzzing, only just starting to get my voice back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Jumping in very late; Bewley still won though admittedly only just made the final.  Still not a huge fan of the format as riders really just need to pace themselves to score  ideally 9 or more to make the semis, finish top 2 to transfer to the final itself then go flat out, Smarzlik does this and makes it work so gotta say good luck to him.....

Its what tai was doin when he was consistently in top 3 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:16 PM, iris123 said:

Currently discussions about stopping Russian citizens even visiting the EU, let alone working. The war doesn’t look likely to end soon, so neither will any sanctions

Be a minor miracle if they are back next season

On 8/27/2022 at 11:19 PM, truthsayer said:

The issue is that Artem Laguta is a Polish citizen. If he wasn't, he would be screwed, but hard to imagine that a court would stop a Polish citizen working as a speedway rider because of where he was born.

Internationally it becomes more complicated, but if he is eligible to race he must sure be allowed to 'defend' his title. Not sure Emil would get the same invitation, but surely Laguta must get a pick.

Not surprised

As it is, Dean mentioned Emil seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth according to Laguta. Well it appears he is turning up for a practice session in Germany this week !!!

Edited by iris123