British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP Saturday August 27th

5 hours ago, Bavarian said:

But who would really go to see the kids on their 250cc bikes anyway - no many, that's for sure. How many watched it last year? So does this, just because it is now called SGP3, really need worldwide live TV coverage ?  

I want to watch the potential future stars, young as they are.  Where is the GB up to promoting 250 racing?

I watching qualifying for MotoGP/2;3 and scheduled for this afternoon is Moto-e, and Red Bull Moto GP Rookies Cup which is the youngsters.            
DORNA see the need to move forward, apart from what I said above, they are introducing next year a shorter Moto GP race for Saturday afternoon, which will give points to winners.    The new promotors of F1 started a new short race on the Saturday last year at certain tracks and going with it this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I want to watch the potential future stars, young as they are.  Where is the GB up to promoting 250 racing?

I watching qualifying for MotoGP/2;3 and scheduled for this afternoon is Moto-e, and Red Bull Moto GP Rookies Cup which is the youngsters.            
DORNA see the need to move forward, apart from what I said above, they are introducing next year a shorter Moto GP race for Saturday afternoon, which will give points to winners.    The new promotors of F1 started a new short race on the Saturday last year at certain tracks and going with it this year.

Promoting the 250 class is poor in the uk . Problem is in my opinion when most of the boys get on one at 12 or 13 they progress quite quickly as they are simple to ride so when the get to 14 they are instantly pressured to get on a 500 as it's  not long before they can ride National league. This inevitably reduces the number in the class age criteria should be 15 to ride a 500 and 16 for national league. 

5 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Promoting the 250 class is poor in the uk . Problem is in my opinion when most of the boys get on one at 12 or 13 they progress quite quickly as they are simple to ride so when the get to 14 they are instantly pressured to get on a 500 as it's  not long before they can ride National league. This inevitably reduces the number in the class age criteria should be 15 to ride a 500 and 16 for national league. 

But then u look at how some of the 15yr olds are doin in the nl pointless taking a Yr league racing development off them

14 minutes ago, mc131 said:

But then u look at how some of the 15yr olds are doin in the nl pointless taking a Yr league racing development off them

Personally don't agree at youth level we are way off the European lads who all stay 250 a year longer than we have to the 15 year old limit is just designed to bring in the next batch of riders early to fill gaps in the system created by teams wanting the next perceived wonder kid . 

On 8/20/2022 at 7:02 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally don't agree at youth level we are way off the European lads who all stay 250 a year longer than we have to the 15 year old limit is just designed to bring in the next batch of riders early to fill gaps in the system created by teams wanting the next perceived wonder kid . 

But cant they stay on 250s aswel? I'm sure Kyle Bickley did I mayb wrong tho

Edited by mc131

On 8/21/2022 at 10:16 AM, mc131 said:

But cant stay on 250s aswel? I'm sure Kyle Bickley did I mayb wrong tho

Think Bickley is still on one.

• Haha 1

On the off chance someone has a couple of spare tickets - 2 British based riders are looking for tickets for this. Please DM if you can help. (They're aware they'll need to do a name change on the ticket)

Edited by AlexBrady

On 8/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, Bavarian said:

But who would really go to see the kids on their 250cc bikes anyway - no many, that's for sure. How many watched it last year? So does this, just because it is now called SGP3, really need worldwide live TV coverage ?  

i do i really did enjoyed SPG2 so much i can't wait for SGP3 and its good for young Speedway Riders to join Grand Prix its amazing im so glad

On 8/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, racers and royals said:

Vaculik rides on Saturday so it`s Lebedevs who replaces Thomsen.

I would like Martin to pick up where he was just before he was injured. Riding very well.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 2:26 PM, OveFundinFan said:

I love watching the British Talent Cup (formerly Motostar) races in BSB, to see who the next big thing could be. There are some cracking kids coming through at the moment. Great to watch. 

• Like 2

Is there a stream anywhere to watch the SGP3 without me parting with my cash. I've never seen it before, and being curious don't really want to pay to watch something that I may not enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Is there a stream anywhere to watch the SGP3 without me parting with my cash. I've never seen it before, and being curious don't really want to pay to watch something that I may not enjoy.

Just tagged you in a thread on this with what I think are some links to free live streams

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bunce said:

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fina said:

Just tagged you in a thread on this with what I think are some links to free live streams

Thanks.