British Speedway Forum
Badge

Witches v Wolves 25th Aug

28 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Given events at Owlerton I am glad I was down here this week in East Anglia and not back home in Sheffield - Despite the scoreline and the fact the track was pretty dry there was some decent racing, Most of the passing seemed to be people coming through from last to third or third to 2nd - Doyle imperious as ever and the decent crowd certainly enjoyed the latter stages with a few home 5-1's and wheelies after.

Aaron Summers seems a great acquisition and Hume seems to be developing well, early season there were times I felt he looked a little uneasy on the bends but the Wictches reserves really had the advantage on their counterpatrts last night. Felt for the Wolves as Worrall would I am sure have contributed a few more points for them!! When Riss was injured I did worry about the Witches for the playoffs but Summers certainly seems to have more than replaced him at Foxhall. Batch also ended the meeting well with 2 lightning gates and wins, team rode well in heat 15 with Doyle.

The only worry is Starke - he could have scored a couple more than he did but I felt for him last night as he had Masters and Worrall in heat 1 Nick Morris in heat 6, he was pulled from heat 8 and the again he had Becker who passed him in heat 10 - so being at no 2 is tough.

Starke is the potential weak link I'm afraid. One minute he can be great and really make a contribution, the next he's breaking down or dog slow. You'll always get 100% effort on track, he's brave as they come. But he's had the same short comings for pretty much all his career. If he gave the same effort in the workshop as he does on track he would have achieved so much more. You can't constantly turn up rebuilding bikes in the pits before meetings and expect to not have issues. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes not.  

Number 2 is a hard place to ride, and at home having 6,8, & 10 with little respite between is hard on equipment. But until that leopard changes his spots, the inconsistencies will remain

13 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Need to make a change or we could well be looking at missing out off plays from being 16 points clear.

Even if the rules allowed a change, who could you find on a 3ish average?

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I think some Wolves fans quoted Dillon Ruml as being able to fit? But that was a few months ago, so probably different average then. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think some Wolves fans quoted Dillon Ruml as being able to fit? But that was a few months ago, so probably different average then. 

Yes - too high

Castagna, Zac Cook and Dan Gilkes (if fit - he had an after meeting spin  on Wednesday)

All of them have their plus points, but unless Kemp actively wants out I'd stick with him.

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Yes - too high

Castagna, Zac Cook and Dan Gilkes (if fit - he had an after meeting spin  on Wednesday)

All of them have their plus points, but unless Kemp actively wants out I'd stick with him.

Might get slightly awkward at Poole if Wolves dropped Drew and signed Zach! 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Might get slightly awkward at Poole if Wolves dropped Drew and signed Zach! 

Not a Poole thread don’t care.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Redpanther said:

Another meeting where you feel kemp should of done better having spent some time at Ipswich. Can’t work it out…

Yes he is definitely off form,  been quite poor for a while, quite worrying from a Poole perspective. 

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Yes - too high

The league is past the 75% fixtures limit for changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The league is past the 75% fixtures limit for changes.

Ahhh!

But there were changes BEFORE the 25% starting point fixture completion....

Or was there?..:D

23 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Connor Bailey

26 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Connor Bailey

Tbf not any better than Drew though! Connor be good as a no8.