British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
edmon

Armadale Devils v Belle Vue Colts

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Richard Andrews missed the match at Armadale & he didn't get a ban!

Entirely true, although Richards case was that he told the club way in advance he couldn't attend, the club either didn't accept that or simply didn't bother to book a suitable guest and short changed the Armadale paying support. 

The problem with the with holding services rule is that the club has to lodge the complaint to gain use of a cover facility but Plymouth with so few riders available didn't want to risk alienating another one. 

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Richard Andrews missed the match at Armadale & he didn't get a ban!

There is a significant difference between saying I can't ride beforehand (be it work, wedding, or holiday commitment) and accepting a booking and not turning up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Work commitments is what Belle Vue have said about Ablitt. 

They knew about work before yesterday afternoon and didn’t do anything about it though! 

Pretty shocking for that talented Belle Vue team to fail to make the play-offs!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Edin03 said:

Great result tonight from the boys.

Complin has been a great addition to the team, he’s great in the pits with the young lads and entertaining to watch.

Embo and Kyren impressed me tonight, Josh was electric from the gates and had his best meeting of the season while young Kyren tried different lines and mixed it up.

It’s been a tough season but fingers crossed we have a stadium for 2023 and can build upon this season.

Josh was fantastic to watch last night  

riding hard & fair 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

Harry losing his mojo had a big impact and unfortunate incidents hampered our efforts, though this can happen to most clubs. We were on the back foot when we lost to a Henry Atkins inspired Plymouth. Oxford and others met Plymouth with a 3 pointer in his place so victory was a breeze for them. Being made to ride that crucial fixture last night in those conditions just rubbed salt into the wounds. I’m told conditions were worse than the previously mentioned Plymouth meeting, incidentally my last ever away match. 

54 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Work commitments is what Belle Vue have said about Ablitt. 

Nice way of getting out of a ban sure it was only the day before i was reading about the match saying he was looking forward to it had his best score with poole there he wouldn't be sayin tht if he was working

Edited by mc131

16 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Nice way of getting out of a ban sure it was only the day before i was reading about the match saying he was looking forward to it had his best score with poole there he wouldn't be sayin tht if he was working

Not too long ago he was blaming College and exams.

BV is the best gig in the NDL for any young rider, not the kind of bridge you burn if you're professional and sensible.

• Like 5

his belle vue teams mates were not too happy with his absence and now their seasons finished 

Believe it was actually his father that was working.

1 hour ago, edmon said:

Believe it was actually his father that was working.

He needs to make a living. Not everyone can have unlimited time off work. Young riders depend on families for so much. Good case for NDL to be a weekend/bank holiday league.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

He needs to make a living. Not everyone can have unlimited time off work. Young riders depend on families for so much. Good case for NDL to be a weekend/bank holiday league.

That makes it worse as it implies both knew and let the team down. 

He's 17 I believe not 15.

Surely if he'd reached out to BV they could  have arranged / would have arranged something. 

Understandable if team mates, most of whom don't have a CL income and opportunity like Ablitt, are rightly very upset. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

How do you propose to make the league weekend/bank holiday when half the tracks race week days? 

53 minutes ago, HGould said:

That makes it worse as it implies both knew and let the team down. 

He's 17 I believe not 15.

Surely if he'd reached out to BV they could  have arranged / would have arranged something. 

Understandable if team mates, most of whom don't have a CL income and opportunity like Ablitt, are rightly very upset. 

18 dob 3 March 2004

5 hours ago, ouch said:

Harry losing his mojo had a big impact and unfortunate incidents hampered our efforts, though this can happen to most clubs. We were on the back foot when we lost to a Henry Atkins inspired Plymouth. Oxford and others met Plymouth with a 3 pointer in his place so victory was a breeze for them. Being made to ride that crucial fixture last night in those conditions just rubbed salt into the wounds. I’m told conditions were worse than the previously mentioned Plymouth meeting, incidentally my last ever away match. 

So Edinburgh make a massive effort to put on the meeting, so that Belle Vue get a fair crack of whip and their play-off fate is not decided by a rain off, and then you moan about the conditions?  Conditions looked superb to me watching on the stream, considering the torrential rain earlier in the day. Track was the same for both sides, if anything a wet track tends to remove home track advantage.  Well done Armadale for being easily the best team on the night - shame you can't acknowledge that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1