British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

H Gould. A very sad troll slagging Poole off at every opportunity. Join Trackrat and Gavan as blocked. Your posts are just filled with Poole hate. Not worth responding to your moronic posts.

Oh the irony. The biggest troll moaning about trolls. Has always shown that he doesn't like the banter back.

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

H Gould. A very sad troll slagging Poole off at every opportunity. Join Trackrat and Gavan as blocked. Your posts are just filled with Poole hate. Not worth responding to your moronic posts.

The one trait if a bully is that they don't like to be stood up to and outed. 

You are a Bully

Im quite happy for you to block me as you certainly can't enter in to any form of rational debate. 

I'm quite happy to stand by my record as an overall constructive and fair minded poster prior to standing up to the bullying of me and others by you and your sycophants. 

I'll not bother replying to any response as by blocking me you won't see it actually will you! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I know the British like to talk about the weather but this must be the longest thread ever about the topic!

I wonder if on the British Weather Forum, they’re chatting about Speedway?? May head over and take a look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Bang on queue it’s raining in Plymouth.

It cant be… Poole fans have said its fine so you must be seeing things 

It’s not the weather per’se, it’s the inability of Plymouths track to be able to take much of the wet stuff.

As it’s only a tiny track, I would have thought some tarpaulins would be a potential answer? You wouldn’t need as many as a track like Berwick or Belle Vue.

I guess they can try next week, but then what if it’s the same? Until you fix the underlying issue of the track not draining well enough, you will end up going around circles (pardon the pun) has to be a cut off at some point,  the winners could be about who gets their home leg on and who doesn’t, with the non raced leg forfeited. 

You can be a great artist, but if the canvas is unusable, you won’t be able to paint thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fina said:

Dont bank on tarmac as your answer  - the road racing rarely runs in wet conditions any more either.  

2 hours ago, Fina said:

Dont bank on tarmac as your answer  - the road racing rarely runs in wet conditions any more either.  

That’s rubbish,you obviously don’t see much road racing.

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Bang on queue it’s raining in Plymouth.

Clearly the postponement announcement didn't reach all supporters then?! Hope the 'queue' doesn't get too drenched!!:party:

2 hours ago, marko said:

It’s not the weather per’se, it’s the inability of Plymouths track to be able to take much of the wet stuff.

As it’s only a tiny track, I would have thought some tarpaulins would be a potential answer? You wouldn’t need as many as a track like Berwick or Belle Vue.

I guess they can try next week, but then what if it’s the same? Until you fix the underlying issue of the track not draining well enough, you will end up going around circles (pardon the pun) has to be a cut off at some point,  the winners could be about who gets their home leg on and who doesn’t, with the non raced leg forfeited. 

You can be a great artist, but if the canvas is unusable, you won’t be able to paint thing.

I am happy to be corrected but I understand the biggest issue that some have touched on is the water table there. 

There's a tidal river right by the track and that creates a big problem at high tide periods in March and September and the majority of the moisture is from underneath and not above. 

I guess some daming or even looking eventually for a new site may be the long term answer with sea levels rising. 

3 hours ago, HGould said:

The one trait if a bully is that they don't like to be stood up to and outed. 

You are a Bully

Im quite happy for you to block me as you certainly can't enter in to any form of rational debate. 

I'm quite happy to stand by my record as an overall constructive and fair minded poster prior to standing up to the bullying of me and others by you and your sycophants. 

I'll not bother replying to any response as by blocking me you won't see it actually will you! 

So you troll anything to do with Poole and yet everyone else is a bully!! Lmao! Dictionary needed for you. 

Actually I've quoted it so Steve will see it! Oops sorry Steve! 

Edited by lisa-colette

I hope they can find ways to improve the tracks ability to cope with the elements, but just having taken a look at the radar, that area is about to get a serious deluge that would wipe any track out, send it towards Essex please

2 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Moving along, how's the forecast for Poole tomorrow?

Just saw a local one on telly when waiting for the speech to come on and might get lucky with showers missing -ish. Couple of heavy ones might hit in the morning. Depend how heavy and how long they last. Forecast feels very similar to the one vs Redcar.

Edited by lisa-colette