British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Plymouth, play-off quarter final 2nd leg, Weds 14/09/22

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You never seem to hear how long riders are going to be out nowadays. I remember a few days after an injury they would say about 6-8 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever. But never gets said these days.

Ah but these days it's 2 weeks if his Polish paymasters are asking and six before he's fit to ride in the UK.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You never seem to hear how long riders are going to be out nowadays. I remember a few days after an injury they would say about 6-8 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever. But never gets said these days.

At least with Ulle you can keep checking the Peterborough line up to see if he is back for them yet (which he isn't in tonights). But with Cook not in the Prem anymore harder to work out unless there is a media article about it! 

There's bound to be some sort of media release at some point!

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There's bound to be some sort of media release at some point!

You would hope so, otherwise it will be a case of checking the pit bay! 

25 minutes ago, TrainDave said:

From the scb website, Ben Barker suspension continues until 1st March 2023

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/news.php?extend.128.1

Looks like he got off lightly. Could have got 2 years. Will Plymouth stand by him now or want him in their team next season?

7 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

SR 012.4.2 Guest Rider
Replaces an absent regular team member subject to the following: -
a) if the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the top 1-5 of the team, then the missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by +5% at a home meeting to determine the allowance for the guest rider
b) a rider may ride as a guest (in an official meeting) at a track only once in an 8 day period (within that league) unless he is replacing the home teams #1 or is an NDL rider guesting for the home team
c) the guest must be in a current team declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will
Speedway Control Bureau Regulations
be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor of 1.5 will apply
d) the guest assumes the position and MA of the missing rider. A guest rider in a ‘double header’ shall count as one meeting only
e) no rider, whose team is in the play offs may appear as a guest in the play offs, in that league.

Thank Neil.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like he got off lightly. Could have got 2 years. Will Plymouth stand by him now or want him in their team next season?

They will stand by him of course

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How has he got of lightly you clown if it was an illegal drug he would have got at least 2 years maybe more obviously it wasn’t like I’m sure you. And many others have suggested maybe going over the top on painkillers to ride I’m sure if I could be bothered I would find some comment attributed to you saying it was something illegal so wind your neck in and worry about next week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

How has he got of lightly you clown if it was an illegal drug he would have got at least 2 years maybe more obviously it wasn’t like I’m sure you. And many others have suggested maybe going over the top on painkillers to ride I’m sure if I could be bothered I would find some comment attributed to you saying it was something illegal so wind your neck in and worry about next week.

Well you might want to support someone taking illegal substances but others have a different opinion. Drugs have no part in sport.an illegal substance is not prescription or taking a couple of extra paracetamol.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

With the very sad new coming through this afternoon about the death of the Queen, it looks unlikely this fixture will now go ahead, putting more pressure on a congested fixture list.

I am guessing that we will have a clearer picture tomorrow when announcements are made.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With the very sad new coming through this afternoon about the death of the Queen, it looks unlikely this fixture will now go ahead, putting more pressure on a congested fixture list.

I am guessing that we will have a clearer picture tomorrow when announcements are made.

Our match at Leicester on Saturday is off 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Our match at Leicester on Saturday is off 

There we go. 

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well you might want to support someone taking illegal substances but others have a different opinion. Drugs have no part in sport.an illegal substance is not prescription or taking a couple of extra paracetamol.

Once again you make completely unsubstantiated comments. 

Legal substances taken to excess are not illegal drugs. Legal substances taken to excess is stupid, dangerous and wrong. Hence the ban of way less than 2 years. Where is your evidence that illegal drugs were taken. 

People in glass houses should not throw stones. That applies to the past and present of riders you are quite happy to support. Riders you are happy to support have done far worse and been accused of far worse. 

No need to go further on that matter on a public forum. People who know do know, people in the sport do know, people affected do know, no need to name names, let's leave the hypocracy to you.. and you are a complete hypocrite to not see that fact. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, HGould said:

Once again you make completely unsubstantiated comments. 

Legal substances taken to excess are not illegal drugs. Legal substances taken to excess is stupid, dangerous and wrong. Hence the ban of way less than 2 years. Where is your evidence that illegal drugs were taken. 

People in glass houses should not throw stones. That applies to the past and present of riders you are quite happy to support. Riders you are happy to support have done far worse and been accused of far worse. 

No need to go further on that matter on a public forum. People who know do know, people in the sport do know, people affected do know, no need to name names, let's leave the hypocracy to you.. and you are a complete hypocrite to not see that fact. 

Mate Steve Shovlar is a complete moron who sadly gets his kicks in life from trying to be funny and in his own warped mind enjoys trying to wind people up for his own pleasure with his trousers round his ankles as he reads the replies 

Sadly he doesn’t know eff all about Speedway it doesn’t exist outside Poole 

The man thinks MPT fenced himself when the whole speedway world saw the evidence 

Now Ben Barker we know is a bit of a fool in speedway circles but you have to laugh at the Shovlar comments …. Saying he was lucky not to get 2 years 

This from a man who backed Darcy Ward and everything he did wrong …. That was ok pirate pride lol 

• Like 1