British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Billyboy

Gp 2023

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

They've had 1 season :lol:

When do you suggest they start then? Next year too soon? 2025? 

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The issue with Cardiff is hotel costs. People can justify the tickets as it's a one-off each season. Factor in the hotels, you can get a weeks holiday for the same. Last years ticket price + hotel for 3 (2ad - 1ch) of us currently looking at around £325-400. Unbelievably expensive for effectively 30mins of actual racing. 

That’s of course assuming you actually get racing, the track this year was disgraceful and certainly didn’t provide good racing.

Hotels have gone into complete rip off mode and that coupled with outrageous ticket prices on top of this years rubbish show means the rumoured 11,000 paying customers this year will take a hit, we personally know several friends that having gone for decades are saying enough is enough and will watch it on tv in 2023.

And who can really blame them.

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

When do you suggest they start then? Next year too soon? 2025? 

They'd already made adjustments in 2022 but I guess you didn't notice :lol:

On 11/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Smith said:

The issue with Cardiff is hotel costs. People can justify the tickets as it's a one-off each season. Factor in the hotels, you can get a weeks holiday for the same. Last years ticket price + hotel for 3 (2ad - 1ch) of us currently looking at around £325-400. Unbelievably expensive for effectively 30mins of actual racing. 

I think the "E-Ticket only" also helped to keep people away. My wife, son, two grandchildren and myself would have gone if we were allowed to print out tickets as we have been able to in the past. The no printout email ticket policy prevents oldies (some may say dinosaurs) like me who do not have, and do not want a modern phone, at up to date prices, which many of us cannot afford, are being discriminated against, in this modern technical world.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2022 at 4:31 PM, JCookie said:

I tell a lie, they did put a new stage in to present the riders. Which meant some fans couldn't see the racing at some tracks. Apart from that though they've done nothing.

Surely people know this is speedway, and in the speedway all the promises in the world invariably add up to absolutely nothing... ;)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Surely people know this is speedway, and in the speedway all the promises in the world invariably add up to absolutely nothing... ;)

Not sure what you mean? When the new Swindon track is built I'm sure we'll see an improvement...

18 hours ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

I think the "E-Ticket only" also helped to keep people away. My wife, son, two grandchildren and myself would have gone if we were allowed to print out tickets as we have been able to in the past. The no printout email ticket policy prevents oldies (some may say dinosaurs) like me who do not have, and do not want a modern phone, at up to date prices, which many of us cannot afford, are being discriminated against, in this modern technical world.

Think that is a stadium issue rather than the SGP. At rugby on Saturday for Wales v New Zealand they were all tickets via the Stadium app as it uses a rotating QR code.

At the speedway I weas able to have all the tickets on the one phone and everyone got in. I didn't transfer to the other spectators on my order

20 hours ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

Whilst a little more expensive, (£5 for the top tier) we bought tickets on the day from the ticket office next door and had an old school paper ticket. Not sure it was widely shared that this would happen, just lucky I work in Cardiff and popped in to ask a week or so before 

A lot easier with a larger group who all went their separate ways to meet in the stadium after. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJC said:

Whilst a little more expensive, (£5 for the top tier) we bought tickets on the day from the ticket office next door and had an old school paper ticket. Not sure it was widely shared that this would happen,

That's the problem; they make things too complicated, not all the options are published, and nobody knows what's going on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chunky said:

That's the problem; they make things too complicated, not all the options are published, and nobody knows what's going on.

Is that Cardiff in particular or Speedway in general? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Is that Cardiff in particular or Speedway in general? :rolleyes:

Well, in Cardiff, they at least know what sheep are for!

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2022 at 9:14 PM, speed29 said:

any change we might get new Speedway Game on Xbox & PS5

Not any time soon I'd guess 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Smith said:

The issue with Cardiff is hotel costs. People can justify the tickets as it's a one-off each season. Factor in the hotels, you can get a weeks holiday for the same. Last years ticket price + hotel for 3 (2ad - 1ch) of us currently looking at around £325-400. Unbelievably expensive for effectively 30mins of actual 

Compare that with hotel in Torun. Booked the same hotel again for 2023. 

£121 for 2 nights , breakfast included. Great position.  On edge of old town and on tram route to stadium.