British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Play offs Dates

23 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Next stage in the planned demise of UK league speedway is surely home meetings every other week. 

Not sure this would be a demise

Speedway is no longer like the 70s/80s etc there are more things to do now than back in the day

Every week there is something to distract you from speedway, having less speedway could be a good thing as it may then be appreciated more by fans when its offered

For me speedway every week for say 5 or 6 months would be an overkill as there are other things i like to do, if there were fewer meetings id attend then do my other interests as there would be more freedom to do them

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Speedway is no longer like the 70s/80s etc there are more things to do now than back in the day

Every week there is something to distract you from speedway, having less speedway could be a good thing as it may then be appreciated more by fans when its offered

For me speedway every week for say 5 or 6 months would be an overkill as there are other things i like to do, if there were fewer meetings id attend then do my other interests as there would be more freedom to do them

Out of interest have any other sports offered more by putting on less? Switch onTV and there's ALWAYS Golf, Football, Cricket, Rugby, Snooker, Darts, Tennis on somewhere, F1 are just putting on there longest season ever, seems they all think that more is more is the way to go

Edited by iainb

7 hours ago, iainb said:

Out of interest have any other sports offered more by putting on less? Switch onTV and there's ALWAYS Golf, Football, Cricket, Rugby, Snooker, Darts, Tennis on somewhere, F1 are just putting on there longest season ever, seems they all think that more is more is the way to go

Alot these sports you mention are structured and are not reliant on other championships etc.  Most of not all have a full years calendar which they stick to and some sports mentioned dont suffer with the elements

Speedway may attract more riders by offering less meetings which is one of the issues the top riders state

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iainb said:

But those sports have major sponsorship backing Ian...

Something, (whilst any rider can ride for any team, on any give night), Speedway will never have...

The UK version of the sport obviously, those who run it like a "proper team event" do attract major sponsors...

On 9/24/2022 at 9:26 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Every other week would be an improvement! Crazy people get out of the habit with these breaks.Needs to be same day every week and on a day that works for the track.Friday or Saturday to get me back too.

Anything been said about finals play off dates?. I would assume, if semis completed on time, would be Monday/Thursday 10th and 13th October.

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

Anything been said about finals play off dates?. I would assume, if semis completed on time, would be Monday/Thursday 10th and 13th October.

Correct