British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

Something just feels “off” at the minute, if you have 7 riders signed then tell the fans. If you have a new team owner then tell the fans. We know Ipswich are having trouble hence the delay in their announcements and belle vue were the same last season. I’m told nothing has changed and we have 7 riders signed but I really don’t like the silence from the club 

Very.

It is very difficult to believe  that there is absolutely nothing that can be said.!!   Suspect Busterism  playing a  great part in how this is playing out. But then we are only those that pay admission and are no more than a necessary evil to the bosses. Fans in their view should put up and shut up. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

It is very difficult to believe  that there is absolutely nothing that can be said.!!   Suspect Busterism  playing a  great part in how this is playing out. But then we are only those that pay admission and are no more than a necessary evil to the bosses. Fans in their view should put up and shut up. 

That isnt the way to treat loyal  supporters...They should  keep you up to date what is going on ...

• Like 1

I get the impatience and clearly they jumped the gun before when saying there'd be news, which is maybe why there's nothing being said just now until things are confirmed.  The new owner will want to make a splash surely with any announcement and rather than be glass half empty, I'm minded to give them more time to get everything in place.  The season doesn't start until March and I've no doubt they will be competitive - Ipswich have also to finalise so they could be linked but decisions will need to be made in the next few weeks - who knows, it may be tomorrow!  

32 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I get the impatience and clearly they jumped the gun before when saying there'd be news, which is maybe why there's nothing being said just now until things are confirmed.  The new owner will want to make a splash surely with any announcement and rather than be glass half empty, I'm minded to give them more time to get everything in place.  The season doesn't start until March and I've no doubt they will be competitive - Ipswich have also to finalise so they could be linked but decisions will need to be made in the next few weeks - who knows, it may be tomorrow!  

Do we have a new owner?

29 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Do we have a new owner?

Yep,a rich Del boy who likes showing the world what he eats for breakfast. 

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
  • Haha 3

I find it hard to believe that Peterborough are attempting to sell season tickets when less than half of the team has been announced.

I take my hat off to anyone who has bought a season ticket at Peterborough, personally I would not if it was my club and I had thought about buying one.

13 minutes ago, Bombsaway said:

I see Carl got shot down in flames on the Facebook page.

For those not on Facebook, what was said?

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Yep,a rich Del boy who likes showing the world what he eats for breakfast. 

There has been no announcement about a new owner. 

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Noodles said:

There has been no announcement about a new owner. 

The management whoever they may be should be ashamed  of this debacle.

1 hour ago, Sully said:

For those not on Facebook, what was said?

Just people saying they're not buying a season ticket in a heated way.

Johnson said in the speedway star two or three weeks ago that they were due to make a team announcement early that week but that was shelved because things changed at the last minute. Just goes to show that a signing is never “done” until it’s announced. In out in out and shake it all about!

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Johnson said in the speedway star two or three weeks ago that they were due to make a team announcement early that week but that was shelved because things changed at the last minute. Just goes to show that a signing is never “done” until it’s announced. In out in out and shake it all about!

Sounds like Worrall to me.