British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

11 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I can’t see how we won’t be. Holder is definitely riding in Prem, I can’t see worrall not having a team place somewhere and Peterborough would have said ages ago if Andersen wasn’t in the plans for next season. Honestly think Ipswich will have a big hitter and hume and we will have holder, worrall and Andersen 

I remember you saying to me that Tomalin genuinely thinks it's a good side, Being 2.30 under the limit was a very tough sell for anyone to buy into imo.

However considering some of the claims that Tomalin has made in recent weeks like 'Young Sensational racers' as well as referring to NKI as World Class and branding Jenkins the best rising star in the league it now makes the unthinkable 2.30 under the limit side actually believable because all of those claims are way off the mark.

Who's Tomalin referring to with the 'Young Sensational Racers' claim when Ben Cook and Jordan Jenkins don't even have a years worth of Premiership experience combined, We've got 1 in Ben Basso but Tomalin said Racers and not Racer.

World Class is a description you would use for riders like Janowski, Zmarzlik etc.

Everyone knows that Leon Flint is the best RS in the league as well (His Championship average is head and shoulders above the rest)

Right,,,, TTT,,, go through it one more time what you think the team will be and why.  Your version,,, Flappys version,,, Mr Ts version and Gassers version,,, and don't leave out any details:P

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Right,,,, TTT,,, go through it one more time what you think the team will be and why.  Your version,,, Flappys version,,, Mr Ts version and Gassers version,,, and don't leave out any details:P

Tomalin -> I was never going to go against Tomalin's comments considering he's one of the people who's involved in team building. However he's made some very far fetched statements as of late when referring to club signings so it's worth noting, If NKI is world class and Jenkins is sensational then maybe he does believe that Hans Andersen has more left in the tank and stuff to a point where he could roll back the years again?

Gasser -> We've had a lot of riders in and out from week to week (Every linked rider has been doing the Hokey Cokey at some point) but only one account has remained adamant on the same 1-7 all winter, Literally hasn't budget despite any new rumour that does the rounds before getting shot down with immediate effect.

We've been heavily linked with 4 riders (Holder, Tungate, Worrall and Andersen) Everyone is in sync regarding Tungate being out due to nobody willing to spanner for him because of his personality so by the process of elimination it leaves Holder, Worrall and Andersen.

Riders talk, Mechanics talk, Sponsors talk etc. so the chance of a surprise signing being kept under wraps that nobody knows about is minimal, Not even a big six Premier League football club can keep transfer dealings under wraps and out of the public eye so what chance has a British Speedway club got lol.

Flappy -> Some people have doubted him and accused him of throwing Darts but I think he's telling the truth too, We're currently in the process of a takeover and I cant imagine for a second that Buster wants the same 1-7 as Tomalin (Chris Holder and potentially Richie Worrall), Buster went public with his opinion on Chris Holder attitude at KL in 2017 and he replaced him with Josh Auty which is a case of get him out by all means even if I cant get a bang average rider in as a replacement.

My personal opinion -> I don't like it at all and I don't want it as I think it's worse than last years side but as it stands things are pointing towards Holder, Worrall and Andersen starting the season unless we can catch a lucky break in the next 5/6 weeks.

I'm still hoping that somebody steps up to spanner for Tungate (A situation that's out of the clubs hands) or a couple of EU riders make themselves available at the eleventh hour.

Would Troy Batchelor spanner for Tungate? Or would the spanner be more likely to become embedded in someone's skull?

Edited by Hamish McRaker
Clarity
  • Haha 2

I thought Tungate was quoted as saying he's not doing UK this season?!  At least, not until his other fixtures allow him to.....!

Edited by Skidder1

Tungate  did not exactly set world alight in Championship  if I recall

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Tomalin -> I was never going to go against Tomalin's comments considering he's one of the people who's involved in team building. However he's made some very far fetched statements as of late when referring to club signings so it's worth noting, If NKI is world class and Jenkins is sensational then maybe he does believe that Hans Andersen has more left in the tank and stuff to a point where he could roll back the years again?

Gasser -> We've had a lot of riders in and out from week to week (Every linked rider has been doing the Hokey Cokey at some point) but only one account has remained adamant on the same 1-7 all winter, Literally hasn't budget despite any new rumour that does the rounds before getting shot down with immediate effect.

We've been heavily linked with 4 riders (Holder, Tungate, Worrall and Andersen) Everyone is in sync regarding Tungate being out due to nobody willing to spanner for him because of his personality so by the process of elimination it leaves Holder, Worrall and Andersen.

Riders talk, Mechanics talk, Sponsors talk etc. so the chance of a surprise signing being kept under wraps that nobody knows about is minimal, Not even a big six Premier League football club can keep transfer dealings under wraps and out of the public eye so what chance has a British Speedway club got lol.

Flappy -> Some people have doubted him and accused him of throwing Darts but I think he's telling the truth too, We're currently in the process of a takeover and I cant imagine for a second that Buster wants the same 1-7 as Tomalin (Chris Holder and potentially Richie Worrall), Buster went public with his opinion on Chris Holder attitude at KL in 2017 and he replaced him with Josh Auty which is a case of get him out by all means even if I cant get a bang average rider in as a replacement.

My personal opinion -> I don't like it at all and I don't want it as I think it's worse than last years side but as it stands things are pointing towards Holder, Worrall and Andersen starting the season unless we can catch a lucky break in the next 5/6 weeks.

I'm still hoping that somebody steps up to spanner for Tungate (A situation that's out of the clubs hands) or a couple of EU riders make themselves available at the eleventh hour.

I think the young sensational riders in MT statements are cook/basso, and like you said he thinks NKI is world class. And I know he loves Andersen so I’m sticking with the team I’ve said all winter.

Buster needs to finalise the sale and the rest will look after itself. There's a new owner ready to go. 

Obviously no idea on the actual hold ups etc 

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I think the young sensational riders in MT statements are cook/basso, and like you said he thinks NKI is world class. And I know he loves Andersen so I’m sticking with the team I’ve said all winter.

He thinks different  to us then ....lol

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Tungate  did not exactly set world alight in Championship  if I recall

Most recent Championship season was six years ago - GSA over 9 in 2016

How likely is a sale at this point on a scale of 1-10?

Taking into account that the club have already put out a press release 11 days ago regarding Tomalin stepping up by joining the backroom team and applying for a Promoters license?

Tomalin did say the following in the press release which doesn't hint at Buster going anywhere yet imo (Obviously things may have changed since then)

“I have a terrific relationship with Buster (Keith Chapman – club owner), Dale (Allitt) and Carl, and I’m sure we will work well as one team building a future for the Peterborough Panthers!

Buster Chapman has his critics and might not have much "PR" ability but he seems to have the best interests of speedway in his DNA so will be playing his part in trying to make sure this all goes well. I remember him stepping in to buy Leicester on a short term basis which enabled the club to be taken over by the Bates family and I doubt if he made a profit on that, more likely it cost him by clearing some of the debts accrued.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Buster Chapman has his critics and might not have much "PR" ability but he seems to have the best interests of speedway in his DNA so will be playing his part in trying to make sure this all goes well. I remember him stepping in to buy Leicester on a short term basis which enabled the club to be taken over by the Bates family and I doubt if he made a profit on that, more likely it cost him by clearing some of the debts accrued.

Your right there Al. He doesn't appear to be the happiest chap, and isn't the most charismatic of characters by a long way, but as you say his heart is in the right place.

At this most critical time in true Speedway  fashion they seen to be making a "Right  Ruddy Hames" of the whole matter.  Could not have made more of a  balls up  if they had planned it. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Flappy said:

Tbh if this guy comes in and secures our future soon I will take that over a bang average team for a season..