36 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

NKI 7.59

C.Cook 4.93

Worrall 6.19

Andersen 4.93

Basso 6.81

B.Cook 4.06

Jenkins RS

Have we really built a team 4.49 points under the limit?? 

Never in a month of Sundays.

I’m putting my neck out and saying the final three will be 

nicki P

tungate 

Andersen 

pretty sure it fits 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Never in a month of Sundays.

I can see a scenario that leads to it tbh.

1. Buster blocks a move for Holder

2. Nobody agrees to spanner for Tungate

3. Deal unable to be done with Nicki P

Those three points would force us into going with Worrall and Andersen for starters, Then would it be too late to get a deal done with an EU rider when they've already locked in 2023 plans? Would potentially be forced into the British based market and the best two who are still available would be Batchelor (Buster issues) or Craig Cook.

Edited by TTT

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Many of the youngsters buy new stuff as well, because that's what the pros do :)  Engines have always been traded second hand and I agree that's an expense beyond the reach of many but frames, wheels and everything else can last years.  It puzzles me why a pro should think a new wheel, for example, is any better than the one they have, as long as it's true!

Parts on a speedway bike can fail after continued use so a lot of riders rightly replace bits before they do ultimately do, as a breakdown whilst racing can cost them a lot of money, Hans does pass on a lot of his older gear to young up and coming riders, I dare say he hangs onto good engines whilst they are going well.

47 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Parts on a speedway bike can fail after continued use so a lot of riders rightly replace bits before they do ultimately do, as a breakdown whilst racing can cost them a lot of money, Hans does pass on a lot of his older gear to young up and coming riders, I dare say he hangs onto good engines whilst they are going well.

We could debate for hours - I just remember chatting to a former World No.3 who said they didn't like spending money so would re-use as much as they could, including their van and they never suffered with machine failures etc. any more than anyone else.  Personal choice I guess but if I was a promoter I'd be arguing against costs for new vans and bikes every year :D

Looking forward to the team, and that at Ipswich, being announced in the coming weeks, until then who knows!

Sounds like the arse has fallen out of Swedish speedway yet we still may end up with Worrall and Andersen? Give me strength 

11 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

We could debate for hours - I just remember chatting to a former World No.3 who said they didn't like spending money so would re-use as much as they could, including their van and they never suffered with machine failures etc. any more than anyone else.  Personal choice I guess but if I was a promoter I'd be arguing against costs for new vans and bikes every year :D

Looking forward to the team, and that at Ipswich, being announced in the coming weeks, until then who knows!

We could debate for hours.........           Have done for 218 pages.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Sounds like the arse has fallen out of Swedish speedway yet we still may end up with Worrall and Andersen? Give me strength 

Things have changed pal, pretty sure we will only have 1 of those, think they have found a spanner for tungate but I don’t think we have holder anymore 

This thread is just like the old News of the World gossip column. Mostly rumours, and very short on facts...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Things have changed pal, pretty sure we will only have 1 of those, think they have found a spanner for tungate but I don’t think we have holder anymore 

What’s the issue with spannering tungate? Do they usually fly their mechanics back and forth or different crew different country?

18 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

This thread is just like the old News of the World gossip column. Mostly rumours, and very short on facts...

The News of the World didn't do facts, only rumours that they started and females with a lack of clothing.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You could remove the words gossip and column from that post to be fair :D

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

What’s the issue with spannering tungate? Do they usually fly their mechanics back and forth or different crew different country?

No he will want a UK based spanner man but no one wants to work for him as he’s a bit of a loose cannon, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

No he will want a UK based spanner man but no one wants to work for him as he’s a bit of a loose cannon, 

He's an angry man or someone who doesn't put in the effort?