British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

37 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Not really CVS has been clear there's no budget at Wolves for a top rider

It’s been said before but Freddy still has the effects of Long Covid, it’s highly unlikely he will add to his workload I would have thought. If he agrees then fair play to Peterborough for convincing him, I’m sure CVS would welcome the extra income also. 

• Like 2

14.39 left

Tungate doesn't go with any major HL signing imo so I think we can draw a line through this deal as well now unfortunately.

Got to be Pedersen/Andersen surely? Lindgren's long covid issues are that bad tbh.

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Not really CVS has been clear there's no budget at Wolves for a top rider

and we're always constantly told that Lindgren wouldn't ride for anyone else 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

and we're always constantly told that Lindgren wouldn't ride for anyone else 

Well he hasn't yet but I wouldn't rule it out now, ditto Tai. I think previously finances wouldn't have been an issue but he's running a tight ship these days and we can't complain about that 

53 minutes ago, TTT said:

14.39 left

Tungate doesn't go with any major HL signing imo so I think we can draw a line through this deal as well now unfortunately.

Got to be Pedersen/Andersen surely? Lindgren's long covid issues are that bad tbh.

Unless he is the heat leader......

• Haha 1

As  is traditional  ( one might say mandatory) with Peterborough they are making an almighty  balls up of what was supposed  to be a new era  for  Panthers. How much of the 30 pieces of silver has Buster still got?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If Peterborough end up a point (or more) under the limit, then maybe it was a mistake to sign Ben Cook so early? Could have used the extra points at reserve!

4 hours ago, cambpanther said:

I would try to use the extra point to get someone for Andersen personally, not cook

Doesn't really work in this scenario as there are 5 point riders available instead of B.Cook, but no 6 point riders I'm aware of instead of Andersen.

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't really work in this scenario as there are 5 point riders available instead of B.Cook, but no 6 point riders I'm aware of instead of Andersen.

Then they shouldnt have left it till February 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

It’s been said before but Freddy still has the effects of Long Covid, it’s highly unlikely he will add to his workload I would have thought. If he agrees then fair play to Peterborough for convincing him, I’m sure CVS would welcome the extra income also. 

Im sure he would..

On 2/16/2023 at 6:17 AM, hans fan said:

Pedersen was cack years ago for panthers  is he gonna be better now …if somebody can show me some results of worrall having a good meetings round showground bar last season I might be swayed 

Richie Worrall scored paid 10, paid 9, & paid 9 on his three visits to the showground last season. Surely that is good consistent scoring. 

Edited by Pitch

Worrall is not a bad signing, Andersen is but no-one will know for sure until the season starts.

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Worrall is not a bad signing, Andersen is but no-one will know for sure until the season starts.

To be fair hand fan did say bar last season but it cones across as a pretty irrational dislike of a solid rider. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair hand fan did say bar last season but it cones across as a pretty irrational dislike of a solid rider. 

Yeah but if Worrall had been good in previous years but poor last season, he may well have said well, he was rubbish last season so that proves my point!