British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Nah. Can you imagine if everyone who felt hard done by decided to go on instagram or any kind of social media to slag off whoever it was they were annoyed about, and in turn ruin that club/persons upcoming publicity promotion of their new gear? They’d be carnage. It would literally be happening every day,,,Thankfully that doesn’t happen it’s just Holder being a dick which isn’t surprising is it? There’s 2 sides to every story and this is clearly a case of wires crossed. There seems to be a power struggle going on at Peterborough at the moment than nobody knows the full details of. Holder was never riding in a Buster team, maybe the new sponsor got a little ahead of himself and thought he could do a deal but jumped the gun and has had to backtrack? Hardly crime of the century is it? Holder may feel upset and annoyed sure, but take it on the chin like a man and stop acting like a bellend. 

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

If it was someone like a Dan Bewley or Max Fricke (lads who seem to carry themselves in the right way) teeing off on social media then I probably would take them for what they are saying, but since it’s Holder who has a history of throwing his toys out the pram it makes me think there was two side to this story 

Yeah, 'cos Buster has never done anything like that has he, always been a model professional. :rofl: People see what they want to see.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wtf said:

Yeah, 'cos Buster has never done anything like that has he, always been a model professional. :rofl: People see what they want to see.

It's my way or no way with Buster, but then again if it's his money thats going out then who can blame him, dint he have a little spat with Craig Cook a couple of seasons back when he was signed than replaced from the original 1-7 over summit to do with the colour of his kevlars or the sponsors he had wanted on them.

• Like 1

There has been literally hundreds, and I mean hundreds of riders who have ridden for Buster over the years without issues. Who over the years have supporters generally disliked the most because of their whinging amongst other things? Doyle has never been too popular with supporters other than fans of the team he’s ridden for,, same for Rory Schlein (or slime as fans liked to call him), Tungate, Batchelor, Jack Holder, Chris Holder,, bit of a theme there no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, wtf said:

I don't think anyone would try and arge that Buster isn't difficult or doesn't have his faults but as Aries says hundreds of riders have ridden  for him without any issues and only two riders acted like brats in that night in July 2017.

As I've said before despite the situation looking bad I think P'boro have had a lucky escape.

• Like 2

Busters not perfect, Nobody is but it was obvious from Day 1 that Holder was never going to be at Peterborough if Buster was still here.

Like Bagpuss has just said, Despite the situation looking bad I think we've had a lucky escape.

Nicki Pedersen at 1 imo (I'll stick with what I've been told and it's the most likely route imo) but I wouldn't be shocked if Artem Laguta turns out to be our No.1 because if Emil is allowed to ride then Artem would be allowed too.

I can see a scenario where Artem and Emil would be cheaper than usual as they'll lower financial demands just for the extra track time imo because they'll need to get up to speed again with as much competitive racing as possible considering one Polish fixture per week isn't enough for any rider (Sweden are still banning them from competing in the Bahaus-Ligan regardless of licenses, passports, citizenship etc.)

Edited by TTT

Chapman needs to p1ss off out the club. Didn't he only buy it because the top league needed a certain amount of clubs when he was chairman?

He did his job, now go. 

Tomalin seems to have the passion and money behind him to move the club forward. Chapman is a dinosaur and the club won't last long if he's in charge for much longer. Can you really see Chapman going to the council and fighting for the future of the club and putting ideas for a new stadium in front of them? How a bloke like this was in charge of the sport sums it up I'm afraid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

Chapman needs to p1ss off out the club. Didn't he only buy it because the top league needed a certain amount of clubs when he was chairman?

He did his job, now go. 

Tomalin seems to have the passion and money behind him to move the club forward. Chapman is a dinosaur and the club won't last long if he's in charge for much longer. Can you really see Chapman going to the council and fighting for the future of the club and putting ideas for a new stadium in front of them? How a bloke like this was in charge of the sport sums it up I'm afraid.

Given that 2023 looked unlikely to happen at all at one point and 2024 is a pipe dream (If you think that Tomalin is the answer and PCC will be supportive then you may need to revisit that) then I'd enjoy the moment and be a bit more supportive of those putting in the time, effort & money in to give you speedway to watch and attend in the coming season. (just made bratters spit out his coffee :D )

Yes it's a cock up and has all of the business skill and communication output of a secondary school project but that's speedway, who's surprised?

As Peterborough fans we know all too well what happens when you get an owner/promoter who wants to take the sport up a notch and take it in to the real world.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

It's my way or no way with Buster, but then again if it's his money thats going out then who can blame him, dint he have a little spat with Craig Cook a couple of seasons back when he was signed than replaced from the original 1-7 over summit to do with the colour of his kevlars or the sponsors he had wanted on them.

Cook signed , but he pulled out on press and practice day.  

9 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Given that 2023 looked unlikely to happen at all at one point and 2024 is a pipe dream (If you think that Tomalin is the answer and PCC will be supportive then you may need to revisit that) then I'd enjoy the moment and be a bit more supportive of those putting in the time, effort & money in to give you speedway to watch and attend in the coming season. (just made bratters spit out his coffee :D )

Yes it's a cock up and has all of the business skill and communication output of a secondary school project but that's speedway, who's surprised?

As Peterborough fans we know all too well what happens when you get an owner/promoter who wants to take the sport up a notch and take it in to the real world.

So speedway for the sake of it over any kind of ambition because we've been burnt before? 

As for 2024 I agree don't expect anything from PCC it'll need deep pockets or it's end 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So speedway for the sake of it over any kind of ambition because we've been burnt before? 

As for 2024 I agree don't expect anything from PCC it'll need deep pockets or it's end 

It's been like that since Chapman took over though so why are people kicking off now. His prime objective is/was sustainability & cost above success and popularity. It could be said that he succeeds. It's yours and others choice whether they support/pay for that, clearly enough do.

Having read the last few pages, if it was in most other businesses an employee (or self employed contractor) had been offered a deal, had accepted it and made all arrangements, had been measured for the company uniform and even received his uniform with his name on it - only to then find out that it wasn't going to happen, then for sure I wouldn't blame the person for going public!

As for the point about giving away the kevlar design, I would suggest the Insta/FB photo gets more publicity than the exposure from P&P day!!

Maybe from some 'fans' on here, its an anti-Aussie thing, but I hope young Ben Cook doesn't get similar treatment!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Not only Peterborough fans either.:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aries said:

Nah. Can you imagine if everyone who felt hard done by decided to go on instagram or any kind of social media to slag off whoever it was they were annoyed about, and in turn ruin that club/persons upcoming publicity promotion of their new gear? They’d be carnage. It would literally be happening every day,,,Thankfully that doesn’t happen it’s just Holder being a dick which isn’t surprising is it? There’s 2 sides to every story and this is clearly a case of wires crossed. There seems to be a power struggle going on at Peterborough at the moment than nobody knows the full details of. Holder was never riding in a Buster team, maybe the new sponsor got a little ahead of himself and thought he could do a deal but jumped the gun and has had to backtrack? Hardly crime of the century is it? Holder may feel upset and annoyed sure, but take it on the chin like a man and stop acting like a bellend. 

Pretty clear you just aren’t a holder fan tbh

know plenty of blokes who have been screwed out of a few thousand quid who take matters into their own hands, Would it have been better in your book if he went and paid buster a visit like the good auld days and sorted him out “like a man”??

holder will have invested thousands in equipment only to be dropped at the click of a fingers, tbh given the bad blood of yesteryear wouldn’t even be surprised if buster had gone along with it only to change his mind purposely to screw him over but that’s just conjecture of course.

his own personal social media account is the perfect platform for him to warn others  who may also work with said club/management in the future of how he’s been screwed, can do and say whatever he likes on there can’t he

no official statement in response from pboro management so clearly they’re not bothered about clearing up the mess at all

Edited by 89buttons

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Having read the last few pages, if it was in most other businesses an employee (or self employed contractor) had been offered a deal, had accepted it and made all arrangements, had been measured for the company uniform and even received his uniform with his name on it - only to then find out that it wasn't going to happen, then for sure I wouldn't blame the person for going public!

As for the point about giving away the kevlar design, I would suggest the Insta/FB photo gets more publicity than the exposure from P&P day!!

Maybe from some 'fans' on here, its an anti-Aussie thing, but I hope young Ben Cook doesn't get similar treatment!

Ultimately, if you don't have a sign contract, you should never count your eggs.

Holder never signed a contract with Peterborough.

Just now, BassoRacingFan said:

Ultimately, if you don't have a sign contract, you should never count your eggs.

Holder never signed a contract with Peterborough.

If you’re an honourable businessman then a verbal contract should be all that’s ever needed, too many people in the world operate with bad faith

• Like 1