British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

42 minutes ago, stevehone said:

from what i saw on the night, there were Poole riders not wanting to continue also but the manager saw a chance to take advantage of the situation and got his team riding

I think you are right, Middlo saw an opportunity and told his riders to get on with it and I doubt many riders would question him.

5 hours ago, Carpman said:

Cook signed , but he pulled out on press and practice day.  

He did indeed, it’s interesting that he hasn’t got a Premiership place so far this year despite having ridden for nearly every team in the league.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well one of them was his brother! I don't completely blame Chris Holder, I spoke to him at the play offs at Poole and he still vividly remembers his crash at Coventry, like most of us who were there, he said he didn't think he would walk again let alone ride  so understandable he had concerns about a slightly dodgy track.

If all riders adopted that approach every time they didn't fancy the conditions we would see very few meetings completed, & to walk out of the meeting was completely out of order. If had been paying the bills neither Holder nor his pal would have ever seen any of my money again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

He did indeed, it’s interesting that he hasn’t got a Premiership place so far this year despite having ridden for nearly every team in the league.

His average is extremely appealing, but he carries a risk these day unfortunately because you can never be sure if he’s suddenly not in a good place again and doesn’t turn up. It’s that risk that has more than likely put promoters off taking a chance. 

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Verbal contracts are legally enforceable (unless they relate to land/buildings)

Aah the memories: Rathbone, Godfrey and funnily enough a Holder

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

If all riders adopted that approach every time they didn't fancy the conditions we would see very few meetings completed, & to walk out of the meeting was completely out of order. If had been paying the bills neither Holder nor his pal would have ever seen any of my money again.

I would say Batchelor has a reputation for not trying too hard in slightly damp conditions but not seen Noddy do it before, it wasn't anywhere near the conditions when he had his crash at Coventry, the track at Kings Lynn that night didn't look too bad at all.

36 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Just purely as a matter of interest, what is worse out of declining to go out and ride, or going out to the tapes but then just pootling round at the back, maybe dropping out after a couple of laps?

Seen many instances of the latter, but the former will get the headlines and reaction, even though it may be called a more honest approach.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would say Batchelor has a reputation for not trying too hard in slightly damp conditions but not seen Noddy do it before, it wasn't anywhere near the conditions when he had his crash at Coventry, the track at Kings Lynn that night didn't look too bad at all.

Just slightly damp conditions.?:)

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

from what i saw on the night, there were Poole riders not wanting to continue also but the manager saw a chance to take advantage of the situation and got his team riding

Who was the KL team manager?

9 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Just purely as a matter of interest, what is worse out of declining to go out and ride, or going out to the tapes but then just pootling round at the back, maybe dropping out after a couple of laps?

Seen many instances of the latter, but the former will get the headlines and reaction, even though it may be called a more honest approach.

In my view withdrawing & walking out of a meeting in the fashion that they did is about as disgusting as it gets. Riders "pootling aroiund at the back" is seriously wrong too but proving that riders are guilty of that is not so easy as they will always have a reason why it happened ie bike issues & unfortunately the sport isn't managed well enough to dispute any excuse riders mighjt use

23 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Who was the KL team manager?

Dale Allit.He was taken i'll at the interval and taken to hospital.

7 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

In my view withdrawing & walking out of a meeting in the fashion that they did is about as disgusting as it gets. Riders "pootling aroiund at the back" is seriously wrong too but proving that riders are guilty of that is not so easy as they will always have a reason why it happened ie bike issues & unfortunately the sport isn't managed well enough to dispute any excuse riders mighjt use

Holder probably looked over to his Poole buddies on the other side of the pits and threw a wobbly. He would of rode if he was on Pooles side that night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Dale Allit.He was taken i'll at the interval and taken to hospital.

I thought it was Rob Lyon and he jacked it in at the end of that season? Allitt was there as a co promoter. 

On 2/19/2023 at 12:38 PM, Bombsaway said:

Perhaps Linda Lovelace will be our number 1

Apparently Linda Lovelace's dentist said that she had the best set of teeth he'd ever come across.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought it was Rob Lyon and he jacked it in at the end of that season? Allitt was there as a co promoter. 

I was just going from the match report Baggy. I stand corrected if it was wrong. I did think Lyon when the question was asked so went to the archive :t: And the Stars were dealt a further blow when team manager Dale Allitt was taken to hospital after falling ill during the interval.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was just going from the match report Baggy. I stand corrected if it was wrong. I did think Lyon when the question was asked so went to the archive :t: And the Stars were dealt a further blow when team manager Dale Allitt was taken to hospital after falling ill during the interval.

Also possible that I could be wrong :D but in my head the main reason he packed it in was that night. 

Can't say I blame him in all honesty.