British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

9 hours ago, 89buttons said:

If you’re an honourable businessman then a verbal contract should be all that’s ever needed, too many people in the world operate with bad faith

Agree, but we live in a world where morality has gone out of the window. Just look at how Kate Forbes is being harassed by the media for her religious beliefs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

I was sure it was Nicki P but Mick Bratley would 1 Million percent know for sure who the No.1 is so I'm not going to doubt him at all.

Artem Laguta to Peterborough rumours are starting to gather some pace on a couple of Speedway related facebook pages over the last 24 hours.

I must admit that it's a coincidence how Ipswich & Peterborough's team building has suffered delay after delay and now both clubs are on the verge of confirming a 1-7 in the same timeframe.

Don’t tease me like that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It  bemuses me  why some think Pedersen is the answer to our problems!!  A great rider  in his day , but past his best and totally untried since serious and potentially career threatening injury

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Don’t tease me like that 

Sorry. :D 

Knowing how much of a mess it's been this winter, Wouldn't it be funny if Peterborough announced Holder as well as Tomalin takeover on Thursday :D

Edited by TTT

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

However we are not riders!! Easy to cast judgement from the terraces. Maybe next time a rider is concerned Dave Jones can test it out and tell them if it is okay or not.:t:

We are not riders but this is a forum for opinions so Dave Jones and myself are giving our opinion. As I was there I feel entitled to my opinion.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought it was Rob Lyon and he jacked it in at the end of that season? Allitt was there as a co promoter. 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was just going from the match report Baggy. I stand corrected if it was wrong. I did think Lyon when the question was asked so went to the archive :t: And the Stars were dealt a further blow when team manager Dale Allitt was taken to hospital after falling ill during the interval.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Also possible that I could be wrong :D but in my head the main reason he packed it in was that night. 

Can't say I blame him in all honesty.

Allit was TM, Lyon was promoter at the time. 

Lyon relinquished his role with immediate effect after that meeting I believe. 

Allitt then had to take on the TM & Promoter role after his recovery, in the mean time we had guest managers if my memory serves me correctly 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noodles said:

Maybe Rob said he'll leave if Holder joins. 

Nope, he was a big part of the MT team building. It was essentially his team 

Edited by Flappy

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We are not riders but this is a forum for opinions so Dave Jones and myself are giving our opinion. As I was there I feel entitled to my opinion.

We are all allowed opinions, but if a rider doesn't think a track is safe then you have to go with that. If the majority of other riders thought it was okay then imo there must have been something else going on behind the scenes for him and Batch not want to ride. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We are all allowed opinions, but if a rider doesn't think a track is safe then you have to go with that. If the majority of other riders thought it was okay then imo there must have been something else going on behind the scenes for him and Batch not want to ride. 

Well who knows what is said in the pits, it wasn't surprising Batch didn't want to ride and he had a minor crash where he apparently had a hand injury but rode in his next meeting. I assume there was an argument, Chris Holder came out but missed the  two minutes on purpose then rode very slowly seemingly to make a point.He is a very approachable Bloke so maybe I will ask him when I see him next although I have no idea when that will be. 

Hopefully this is the last day before the final two are revealed.

• Like 2

Even the riders know it.

image.png.54606e505cc6e35827d9354790577b50.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would say Batchelor has a reputation for not trying too hard in slightly damp conditions but not seen Noddy do it before, it wasn't anywhere near the conditions when he had his crash at Coventry, the track at Kings Lynn that night didn't look too bad at all.

There was nothing wrong with the track at Coventry when he had his big crash in 2013, the cause was a coming together with Darcy, nothing to do with the track

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Disagree on that.  Many a time there are riders who think a track is unsafe but many others don't.  If you refuse to ride then face the consequences.  Does anyone remember that great British Final won by Kenny C who raced and passed others, with a broken leg, on a track which others said was unsafe and wanted the meeting off?  Not so many prima donnas in those days though and they did ride on some really rough tracks, with no air fences.

• Like 1