British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Those days are gone! He seems more chilled out now.

Probably because his dirty side has resulted in getting injured which didn't happen when he was younger but I am only guessing as I haven't seen him ride recently. 

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

One thing to our disadvantage is consistency. The whole 1-6 could score 10 or 3.

Every one of them needs to score 6-7 week in week out & I can't see it compared to others. 

Felt confident with this team when it first came out, comparing to 2022, but now every other team is (almost) done, can't see anything but bottom. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see Jakobsen become your no.1 throughout the season, such a class act

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes but there are five other teams too.

Also I'd fancy any combination of our top six against King/Riss & Rew.

Rew is a bit of an unknown but should do well, Lidsey is probably the best reserve, I don't think King had his best season last year and this season should be easier for him at 3. Riss is the weak link in my view. 

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Rew is a bit of an unknown but should do well, Lidsey is probably the best reserve, I don't think King had his best season last year and this season should be easier for him at 3. Riss is the weak link in my view. 

Not at home

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Those days are gone! He seems more chilled out now.

Guessing you haven’t watched him in Poland over the last few years then?

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Frederik Jakobsen is the best reserve imo

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

King did ride at no.3 often last season when Batch was at no.5 and King didn't perform well throughout most of the season at either

This season i don't think it will be any easier at 3 with the likes of Bewley, Lidsey, Jakobsen, Pedersen, KK in the lesgue full time 

Based on the past he is capable of going better, he does in the championship, but is last seasons prem form his level now for the top flight, will be interesting if he gets his form back then certainly ipswich should pick up alot of bonus points

Riss is the same really, never liked him riding at 2 with Doyle as again on his day he can win races at Foxhall, but he wont win races in the same heat as Doyle or against one of the strongest opposition heat leaders

Think King and Riss at 3 & 4 will define the season for ipswich, lets hope they both do well 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Guessing you haven’t watched him in Poland over the last few years then?

I've seen the odd race but not a full meeting. I thought he was more calmer now!

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

He'll only be there 2 meetings maximum so not really classed a reserve 

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Because they cheated to keep his average from updating....

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Lynn will have the best No.6 all season. Will switch throughout the season imho, but take your pick.  

TJ 6.35,  Picko 6.14,  MPT 6.86,  Freddie will start there 5.04, but after a couple of meeting will be on 7+.

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Because they cheated to keep his average from updating....

Not cheating in my opinion just clever, like using Lambert in the playoffs. 

Edited by foreverblue

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not cheating in my opinion just clever, like using Lambert in the playoffs. 

No that was cheating as well

• Like 7