British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't want much then;)

That's what was agreed and lined up 

14 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Huge shame with no Pedersen, as I said during the winter he is still world class domestically as proven with a full house against top opposition in Poland yesterday.

As much as I have always liked Pedersen though, he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in the UK for some time. Since his early Eastbourne days, he always seemed to put the UK league further down his list of priorities.

Who Peterborough sign to replace him now will make or break their season. Has to be a rider in the calibre of Dudek, Magic, Laguta etc to replace him.

Poland will always be the main priority for Pedersen as it is where he earns his big money, and it looks like to me as though his Polish club has put their foot down on riding in UK especially with his crashes and injuries he had endured it recent seasons..

His next priority would Denmark probably down to the fact he has numerous lucrative sponsorship deals.  

I think that a return to ride in this country was a bit fun and some fairly easy money to earn.

Its is difficult to see who they will bring in to replace him, riders of Pedersen's calibre will be hard to find.

Chris Holder would have been a possibility, not quite up to Pedersen's standard and I think that they may have burnt bridges as far as Holder is concerned. 

1 minute ago, spin king said:

Poland will always be the main priority for Pedersen as it is where he earns his big money, and it looks like to me as though his Polish club has put their foot down on riding in UK especially with his crashes and injuries he had endured it recent seasons..

His next priority would Denmark probably down to the fact he has numerous lucrative sponsorship deals.  

I think that a return to ride in this country was a bit fun and some fairly easy money to earn.

Its is difficult to see who they will bring in to replace him, riders of Pedersen's calibre will be hard to find.

Chris Holder would have been a possibility, not quite up to Pedersen's standard and I think that they may have burnt bridges as far as Holder is concerned. 

We've used all our visas and need to apply for more so it can only be an acu licenced rider.  

Lambert

Woffinden 

Holder 

Bachelor

Cook 

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

That's what was agreed and lined up 

It was until the Michael Knighton of speedway didn't come up with the cash.

• Like 1

Just now, tellboy said:

I'd love to know how much is being asked for it as it's worth nothing 

58 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Agree. No news from Billy Big Spuds since all the talk.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I'd love to know how much is being asked for it as it's worth nothing 

Exactly. It can't be silly money surely . It's a weird one, but you would think a passionate supporter of the club (MT) with plenty of money ,who has bought a 26 acre site, but won't spend a bit more  to save the club he loves. It must have some value though, although not a great deal.

8 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Nicki hasn’t said anything,  I just thought I’d send a message to MT and ask if the rumours were true and he said unfortunately yes 

Can you screenshot his response ?

7 hours ago, TTT said:

Agree, Shouldn't be down to ITK fans to let other fans know about situations that are happening behind the scenes.

Club communication with it's fan base doesn't come at a cost.

They are not going to say anything until people have paid their entrance fee on Monday weather permitting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hackney said:

They are not going to say anything until people have paid their entrance fee on Monday weather permitting. 

Very true.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hackney said:

It's off already

59 minutes ago, Hackney said:

I’m not sure if he would want me to do that. He’s very approachable though so if you send him a message I’m sure he would tell you what’s going on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hackney said:

Ask him yourself 

We have made an early decision to postpone Monday’s Premiership fixture against Leicester at the East of England Arena.
The forecast has been monitored throughout today and the situation hasn’t changed.
  • Haha 2