British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

54 minutes ago, Lion tamer said:

Sheffield 

If needed. Depending on tobi injury 

I was more getting at why is he allowed to live here when he doesn't work here? Some kind of British parentage I assume?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I was more getting at why is he allowed to live here when he doesn't work here? Some kind of British parentage I assume?

Probably been here over 10 years so so can claim as a resident I would have thought. 

12 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Probably been here over 10 years so so can claim as a resident I would have thought. 

Correct, having a UK based child helps too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

I’m not sure it was the club, reckon it was NP myself. Think about it logically…..£3.5k a meeting for boro & then crashes on his first meeting Vs £15-20k a meeting racing in Poland….he will have had some of this upfront as well. 

So why come to this country in the beginning....N.P doesnt need the hassle riding in Britain....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kevin bass said:

If his Polish club tells him not to ride over here then what's he meant to do, keep riding here for the alleged 3.5k a meeting and lose his Polish contact, you can guarantee his earnings in Poland dwarf what he would get riding back in the UK plus he's no doubt gotta mega signing on fee with his Polish team, not saying it's right or wrong but money talks.

6 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

They wouldn't drop him, he scores too many points and their fans would lynch them. If they did another club would dangle even more money. 

I'm not suggesting Nicki should choose the UK over Poland, but surely he's a big enough star not to be bullied into compliance.

Let's say he says to Grudziadz he wants to continue racing for Peterborough, what are they going to do drop him? As SPEEDY69 says - no chance.

What if Nicki tried to call their bluff?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

So why come to this country in the beginning....N.P doesnt need the hassle riding in Britain....

Maybe he forgot how bad the tracks here can be :o;)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not suggesting Nicki should choose the UK over Poland, but surely he's a big enough star not to be bullied into compliance.

Let's say he says to Grudziadz he wants to continue racing for Peterborough, what are they going to do drop him? As SPEEDY69 says - no chance.

Apparently they were going to fine him his fee per match at pboro for every time he rode so essentially he would be riding for free. And they would take back some of his sign on fee which I’m guessing is a substantial amount of money, if you wa sin his position it’s simple really isn’t it…. You leave pboro and ride where the money is 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Maybe he forgot how bad the tracks here can be :o;)

And in the past Nicki has published his Polish contract showing that any injuries sustained riding elsewhere in other leagues will result in a loss of earnings, (presume the guarantee), and the return of a large % of any up front payments...

Riders on the size of contracts that are available to them in Poland would be mad to risk a possibility of losing them..

28 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Apparently they were going to fine him his fee per match at pboro for every time he rode so essentially he would be riding for free. And they would take back some of his sign on fee which I’m guessing is a substantial amount of money, if you wa sin his position it’s simple really isn’t it…. You leave pboro and ride where the money is 

I don't understand how that could be legal, also surely a rider of Nicki's stature wouldn't sign a contract allowing them to do that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Do you really think he’s been bullied into it? If Grudziadz didn’t want him to ride in the UK then he wouldn’t have even started over here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

And in the past Nicki has published his Polish contract showing that any injuries sustained riding elsewhere in other leagues will result in a loss of earnings, (presume the guarantee), and the return of a large % of any up front payments...

Riders on the size of contracts that are available to them in Poland would be mad to risk a possibility of losing them..

Then why did he sign in the first place?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Then why did he sign in the first place?

To help Panthers out as couldn't get a no1, then leave soon after and allow Panthers to use guests ... B)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Lindgren and Tungate incoming apparently 

Who’s being dropped then?

13 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Lindgren and Tungate incoming apparently 

Apparently