British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

53 minutes ago, TTT said:

Because Buster said no to Tomalin and Lyon's vision which is why myself and other Panthers fans have been criticising Buster as of late.

Thankfully due to KK's dreadful early season performances it sounds like common sense is going to prevail leaving all parties happy.

Do you really believe that.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was surprised that many Boro fans wanting Worrall out after 1 meeting. 

It’s harsh but I don’t think many were that keen in the first place. There was already a lot of anger at the club after last years farce too, we was turning up to meetings with 2 guests and R/R some weeks, a few have also fallen for the crap that was being promised over the winter 

• Like 1

Buster's ego has caused these problems. There comes a time when the past should be put to bed, and the best interest of the team takes precedence...

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Do you really believe that.

Yes, Buster wouldn't leave his mate jobless after one meeting if KK was performing because he was the one who insisted on giving Worrall a job in the first place.

KK's showings has opened up an opportunity to leave all parties happy.

Worrall gets a job on the same contract he's got at Peterborough, Buster and Dale get what they want by working with Worrall again, Tomalin and Lyon get what they want by having Tungate in the side instead of Worrall, Panthers fans get a stronger team and KL fans get rid of the unwanted KK for a rider who will actually put some effort in for them.

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Buster's ego has caused these problems. There comes a time when the past should be put to bed, and the best interest of the team takes precedence...

A decision in the best interests of KL wouldn't go amiss now and again. Not taking Worrall so you can strengthen up. Worrall isn't the answer for the KK situation. But it helps the Panthers.

7 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I don't disagree, but at the same time would you trust a rider who threw the towel in when the going got tough rather than roll his sleeves up? 

Edited by Bagpuss

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yes, Buster wouldn't leave his mate jobless after one meeting if KK was performing because he was the one who insisted on giving Worrall a job in the first place.

KK's showings has opened up an opportunity to leave all parties happy.

Worrall gets a job on the same contract he's got at Peterborough, Buster and Dale get what they want by working with Worrall again, Tomalin and Lyon get what they want by having Tungate in the side instead of Worrall, Panthers fans get a stronger team and KL fans get rid of the unwanted KK for a rider who will actually put some effort in for them.

Buster might be happy, but I cant see many long suffering Lynn fans being happy. 

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't disagree, but at the same time would you trust a rider who threw the towel in when the going got tough rather than roll his sleeves up? 

I would probably trust Holder more than KK...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I would probably trust Holder more than KK...

Touche :D

Being there that night in 2017 is something I'll never forget, while part of me agrees that bygones should let be bygones I'm not sure I'd pay to watch a meeting with Holder or Batchelor in it ever again let alone employ them as riders if I owned a club. 

• Like 4

Does anyone have any concrete info as to what the hell is going on at pboro ? We race in 48 hours. It’s almost certain pedersen has gone so why no press release or anything. I thought there would be a meeting preview out today for Thursday. It’s like they’ve given up. It’s going to be the last season so stuff it. Makes no sense at all 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Because Buster said no to Tomalin and Lyon's vision which is why myself and other Panthers fans have been criticising Buster as of late.

Thankfully due to KK's dreadful early season performances it sounds like common sense is going to prevail leaving all parties happy.

I'd leave Rob Lyon out of your equation on team planning. He only agreed to be team manager the morning of press and practice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wtf said:

I'd leave Rob Lyon out of your equation on team planning. He only agreed to be team manager the morning of press and practice.

He was involved in the Tomalin takeover party 

10 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Does anyone have any concrete info as to what the hell is going on at pboro ? We race in 48 hours. It’s almost certain pedersen has gone so why no press release or anything. I thought there would be a meeting preview out today for Thursday. It’s like they’ve given up. It’s going to be the last season so stuff it. Makes no sense at all 

No and it's pathetic 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Flappy said:

No and it's pathetic 

Agreed, you make comments on the Panthers Facey B page, and the happy clappers shoot you down with the normal comments: The bosses will tell us something when we need to know something.... 

What kind of statement is that, honestly. Be proactive over reactive, get a lot more respect. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Touche :D

Being there that night in 2017 is something I'll never forget, while part of me agrees that bygones should let be bygones I'm not sure I'd pay to watch a meeting with Holder or Batchelor in it ever again let alone employ them as riders if I owned a club. 

I’d agree with that - that meeting was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me so to speak .

• Like 2