British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

6 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Or MT is the reason the Panthers are in the situation they now find themselves in....Anyone can say they would do A,B or C, but you have to put your money where your mouth is. Has MT done this? or has he broken promises leaving Buster as the bad guy? 

From the information we’ve got I’d say they are both as bad as eachother too an extent 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

From the information we’ve got I’d say they are both as bad as eachother too an extent 

Opinions are deffo evening out, now people know MT is not the Messiah they thought he was..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Or MT is the reason the Panthers are in the situation they now find themselves in....Anyone can say they would do A,B or C, but you have to put your money where your mouth is. Has MT done this? or has he broken promises leaving Buster as the bad guy? 

Spot on... Buster was taking all the blame, and it boiled my pee. I notice now that they have realised MT isn't buying and saving the club like he said he would, they are  finally seeing the real picture here.  

• Like 1

Everything changed when Chapman put a block on the Holder signing. MT went silent at that point, so it's quite possible an agreement that allowed MT & co to build the team was withdrawn by Chapman, or MT and Chapman never initially communicated on possible 'out of bounds signings. Either way, it's a monumental disaster for the supporters, unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat, and sooner rather than later...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Opinions are deffo evening out, now people know MT is not the Messiah they thought he was..

And yet if the Holder signing was allowed they would still have a full team and maybe MT would want to be involved more? Only one person to blame for that one? Life lesson there, grudges come to bite you!

I have no idea about the ins and outs of stadium situation, so won't comment on that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

I thought the least that would happen is we would share with Lynn whilst they sort something..

I thought Buster was all that was wrong with Peterborough Speedway last week...   And Now.........

Mildenhall might be better. Not easy for 2 clubs out of 7 to share the same track with  the race days we have to use, i would of thought.?

Buster and Tomalin for the entire off season.

Fawlty Towers: John Cleese to reboot series with daughter | TV comedy | The  Guardian

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2023 at 4:47 PM, Bagpuss said:

Touche :D

Being there that night in 2017 is something I'll never forget, while part of me agrees that bygones should let be bygones I'm not sure I'd pay to watch a meeting with Holder or Batchelor in it ever again let alone employ them as riders if I owned a club. 

I was there that night as well.....It was painfull! ...Totally agree.........

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Everything changed when Chapman put a block on the Holder signing. MT went silent at that point, so it's quite possible an agreement that allowed MT & co to build the team was withdrawn by Chapman, or MT and Chapman never initially communicated on possible 'out of bounds signings. Either way, it's a monumental disaster for the supporters, unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat, and sooner rather than later...

Or did everything change when MT could of did a deal behind Busters back with Holder, when every man and his dog knew that Holder can't ride at a Buster club. Undermining him as the owner? Did MT so silent because he couldn't back his mouth up on buying and saving the club. Surely he would still want to buy the club that he loves more so if he and Buster fell out?

6 minutes ago, K3Scotty said:

I was there that night as well.....It was painfull! ...Totally agree.........

Well both riders have now been frozen out because of their antics. batchelor has always been a baby, but I thought Holder was more professional than that. Apparently not.

Edited by rearingtogo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And yet if the Holder signing was allowed they would still have a full team and maybe MT would want to be involved more? Only one person to blame for that one? Life lesson there, grudges come to bite you!

I have no idea about the ins and outs of stadium situation, so won't comment on that. 

God forbid anyone doing wrong to your darling Holder. Its a wonder you ain't got a voodoo doll of Buster and sticking pins in it as we speak. Good grief :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Or did everything change when MT could of did a deal behind Busters back with Holder, when every man and his dog knew that Holder can't ride at a Buster club. Undermining him as the owner? Did MT so silent because he couldn't back his mouth up on buying and saving the club. Surely he would still want to buy the club that he loves more so if he and Buster fell out?

Will we ever know the truth...probably not...

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Will we ever know the truth...probably not...

I think i do..... Or i'm closer to it.

Edited by Bald Bloke

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought Buster was all that was wrong with Peterborough Speedway last week...   And Now.........

Mildenhall might be better. Not easy for 2 clubs out of 7 to share the same track with  the race days we have to use, i would have thought.?

For it to work with Pboro racing at KL it be home meeting every other week so the track would have a home meeting every week Lynn one week Pboro the next and so on - bring into that stock car meetings someone would be very busy at the stadium. It might work for a season or two if a new track in Pboro was forth coming . 

25 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Spot on... Buster was taking all the blame, and it boiled my pee. I notice now that they have realised MT isn't buying and saving the club like he said he would, they are  finally seeing the real picture here.  

Astute businessman don’t pay over the odds for businesses what are worth nothing  in 6 months… panthers will be bleeding money  now the cack hits the fan 

• Like 1