British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Would the nearby housing not be a problem??

Unlike you to come up with something negative!

1 hour ago, Reddan said:

This is disgraceful from Pedersen, there must be a way he can be held accountable for this kind of action. Utter contempt for Peterborough speedway and British fans. Absolute a**hole !!

I think it's probably his polish club banning him from riding over here 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yes probably, but no different to what it is at the EES 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I think it's probably his polish club banning him from riding over here 

I don't think they have said he cannot ride (officially they cannot do that with the agreement between the federations) but they could invoke changes in his deal

From the Chinese whispers he was signed in Poland on the basis of not riding in the UK and a signing on fee agreed. Half paid in the winter and half to come at the start of the season

I understand the second half was to be withdrawn from the deal if he continued in the UK and as that alone was worth more than he could earn in the entire UK season then it became a no brainer to give up the place with the Pussycats

Maybe true,  maybe not but it sounds a lot more feasible than the lame "my body isn't up to the technical British tracks" trotted out in the statement

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Bigger problem is potential demolition but if the proposal hasn't got to council and they want to agree with their local plan for the EoES then they can refuse the  Fengate Land Holdings Limited (FLHL) application and a deal can be agreed to move Peterborough Speedway in with a sensible curfew to appease the few locals: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-64335400

22 minutes ago, iainb said:

Unlike you to come up with something negative!

Asking a genuine question :icon_smile_clown:

2 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Nicki left his loyal wife and traded her in for a cheap tart.

That's the kind of man he is.

Your close to the line there... But you already know that.

Surely that's all a metaphor........... BRF is saying P'bro is the loyal wife, the Polish club are the cheap tart............

Edited 2 hours ago by Bald Bloke

53 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I don't think they have said he cannot ride (officially they cannot do that with the agreement between the federations) but they could invoke changes in his deal

From the Chinese whispers he was signed in Poland on the basis of not riding in the UK and a signing on fee agreed. Half paid in the winter and half to come at the start of the season

I understand the second half was to be withdrawn from the deal if he continued in the UK and as that alone was worth more than he could earn in the entire UK season then it became a no brainer to give up the place with the Pussycats

Maybe true,  maybe not but it sounds a lot more feasible than the lame "my body isn't up to the technical British tracks" trotted out in the statement

That doesn't make sense.

Why would Nicki choose to ride in Britain if that was true?

28 minutes ago, JC71 said:
  2 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Nicki left his loyal wife and traded her in for a cheap tart.

That's the kind of man he is.

Your close to the line there... But you already know that.

Surely that's all a metaphor........... BRF is saying P'bro is the loyal wife, the Polish club are the cheap tart............

Edited 2 hours ago by Bald Bloke

I don’t think it was .He has deleted it and said it was in the heat of the moment.Page 340.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don’t think it was .He has deleted it and said it was in the heat of the moment.Page 340.

Yep, missed that, sorry, my bad

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

That doesn't make sense.

Why would Nicki choose to ride in Britain if that was true?

Maybe to help out his mate Buster who was left without a no 1. Once he had ridden for the club guests could then be used when he "gave up". On arriving at the Purplecats, he maybe realised all was not well so the crash on a poorly prepared track then gave Nicki / Buster the ideal opportunity needed to leave, all be it quicker than 1st planned. 

MT silence on the matter speaks volumes imo.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Maybe to help out his mate Buster who was left without a no 1. Once he had ridden for the club guests could then be used when he "gave up". On arriving at the Purplecats, he maybe realised all was not well so the crash on a poorly prepared track then gave Nicki / Buster the ideal opportunity needed to leave, all be it quicker than 1st planned. 

MT silence on the matter speaks volumes imo.... 

Considering so many teams promoters were not impressed when Plymouth did it last season, I am surprised they haven't changed the ruling on it. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Considering so many teams promoters were not impressed when Plymouth did it last season, I am surprised they haven't changed the ruling on it. 

You never know when you might need to take advantage of some of the rules and regs yourself...;)

Best of luck to Phil Morris....:D

9 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Bigger problem is potential demolition but if the proposal hasn't got to council and they want to agree with their local plan for the EoES then they can refuse the  Fengate Land Holdings Limited (FLHL) application and a deal can be agreed to move Peterborough Speedway in with a sensible curfew to appease the few locals: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-64335400

Don't rely on the council to grant planning permission with any sporting activities in this city.

You've only got to look at the football club to realise they don't give a damn. More interested in massive distribution centres and housing developments.