British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

55 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Responded to a fan's concern (on a specific, not organisational question) via e-mail yesterday so no he hasn't gone. My understanding is that he was unfortunately on leave and it all went a bit pear shaped with him being out of the country.

This. I have shared a few messages with him recently and he's not planning on going anywhere but like us all is frustrated 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

I don't like the way this has played out since we somehow won the title which was a sporting miracle. 

If we can't be competitive I'd rather end it now and finish with one last hurrah with a world class field and Panthers legends in a final meeting.  

Fixture fulfillment after losing our top number 1 and hearing excuses that nobody wants to ride doesn't get much sympathy from me.

Ans that is the thing isnt it...

There are plenty of riders available nowadays as they dont ride anywhere else on a Monday and Thursday.. (apart from Polands rain off rescheduled meetings which dont take priority anyway) (Good luck with that, however)....

The purpose of fixed race nights was supposedly to allow "top names" to come back to the UK...

Teams in Peterborough's and Wolverhampton's position should be required to make a signing before running another match, or just be granted RR..

That would stop any "facilities" needing to be requested with all the usual discussion around their legality...

Chris Holder has a set of Panthers kevlars for gods sake, (new colour too), so he should be at No1 for them tonight... 

It just makes the sport look amateurish when teams borrow off others, when plenty of riders are sat elsewhere who could take places...

No signing. No meeting...

Would stop a lot of what goes on that impacts the sports credibility I would suggest...

And if not using the power of fixed race nights to get replacements in then you may as well all ride whenever you want...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, proud panther said:

Well Buster won't get a penny off me going to the bird cage.

That’s fine but - Panthers get a new stadium and track I’d have thought a few speedway meetings won’t make it viable so might have stock cars and your own bird cage .

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

This. I have shared a few messages with him recently and he's not planning on going anywhere but like us all is frustrated 

Did you ask him what's the reason he hasn't brought the club?, and is he still intending to. It would make things a lot clearer regarding your future;).

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Ans that is the thing isnt it...

There are plenty of riders available nowadays as they dont ride anywhere else on a Monday and Thursday.. (apart from Polands rain off rescheduled meetings which dont take priority anyway) (Good luck with that, however)....

The purpose of fixed race nights was supposedly to allow "top names" to come back to the UK...

Teams in Peterborough's and Wolverhampton's position should be required to make a signing before running another match, or just be granted RR..

That would stop any "facilities" needing to be requested with all the usual discussion around their legality...

Chris Holder has a set of Panthers kevlars for gods sake, (new colour too), so he should be at No1 for them tonight... 

It just makes the sport look amateurish when teams borrow off others, when plenty of riders are sat elsewhere who could take places...

No signing. No meeting...

Would stop a lot of what goes on that impacts the sports credibility I would suggest...

And if not using the power of fixed race nights to get replacements in then you may as well all ride whenever you want...

I wouldn’t be too concerned about credibility, that went over 20yrs ago

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did you ask him what's the reason he hasn't brought the club?, and is he still intending to. It would make things a lot clearer regarding your future;).

I have done yes, it's a watch this space as it stands 

So one of the worlds top riders of his day admits he cant ride the shape of tracks in the uk,proves all of polands tracks are all the same same shape and size :o

37 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The update covered it as much as you'd expect to get: "Over the winter there was an on/off scenario whereby the club may have changed hands. However, given the uncertainty over the longevity of Peterborough Speedway, it was understandable that a sale did not take place".

6 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

What jars me off is tracks are not permitted near housing estates for noise levels yet housing estates are near airports where noise levels are extreme. Nothing said about that

Also, usually pubs near housing estates. Most speedway noise would be before 10pm. Most noise at pub chucking out time likely to be when people want to sleep.:angry:

22 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I have done yes, it's a watch this space as it stands 

Finger crossed for ya.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

That’s fine but - Panthers get a new stadium and track I’d have thought a few speedway meetings won’t make it viable so might have stock cars and your own bird cage .

Don't mind any option to keep Panthers going, but I'm not prepared to line Busters pockets if we are finished after this season, & a lot more fans will probably feel the same.

• Like 2

From MT on Facebook:

“Just as an update from my perspective and my perspective alone the NP debacle has been an issue, something none of us expected however we will react given time to measure the next step. 

In regard to the overall position with the Speedway I’m keen to understand the options. 

Let’s just support our team who we all love dearly and let the rest go through the process. 

As I have stated it ain’t over until the fat lady sings”

• Thanks 1

How would people feel about a new number 1 only riding home matches?

This would keep crowds at the Showground healthy, but it would mean no facility for away matches.

Andy Abbott on radio Cambridge's live coverage of tonight's meeting calling us neanderthals tor suggesting Worrall could get replaced :D

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2023 at 6:47 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Or MT is the reason the Panthers are in the situation they now find themselves in....Anyone can say they would do A,B or C, but you have to put your money where your mouth is. Has MT done this? or has he broken promises leaving Buster as the bad guy? 

Maybe maybe not - but in any event Buster is a big boy he could speak up and clarify the situation if he chose to - my bet is that won’t happen - why?