British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Could Killer be persuaded back to these shores ? Would probably be within budget as well.

1 hour ago, Octoberon said:

Perhaps we should have Palm Toft guesting on Monday. I see he is currently 'in form' and does ride Belle Vue well.

Personally I hope he never turns another wheel for the Panthers after the farce and pee taking performance last Monday.

He'll do well to be at Lynn and BV at the same time.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

You'd already been told why they said no to Zagar, asking for £100 per point more after agreement is outrageous behaviour. 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Have to pay it though because we don't have another option.

A decent guest is never guaranteed with the fixed race night situation, MPT scoring a blank on Monday should be enough encouragement to get back on the phone to Zagar imo.

I disagree, no point in throwing money away, especially for a rider who averaged 5.68 (6.53) away from the NSS. Zagar isn't a superstar who can't command any fee he wants, so I'll give credit to Peterborough for now giving in to his demands.

Batchelor or Craig Cook have to be the best British based options if they can't find a top foreigner!

• Like 1

Just now, szkocjasid said:

I disagree, no point in throwing money away, especially for a rider who averaged 5.68 (6.53) away from the NSS. Zagar isn't a superstar who can't command any fee he wants, so I'll give credit to Peterborough for now giving in to his demands.

Batchelor or Craig Cook have to be the best British based options if they can't find a top foreigner!

Batchelor too, will not be employed while Buster is in charge. Cook is to unreliable 

6 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I don’t get all the hate for Tomlin on here.

the guy is a businessman if he could see a long term future for the club he would have brought it doing the winter. it looks like issues came up during the winter around a new site. That could be the cost, planning permission or a combination of both. Tomlin was never going to buy a club that had no future beyond October that isn’t good business sense.

Admittedly he could have kept the fans updated & come clean on the issues around his purchase falling though.

if I were a Peterborough fan I’d enjoy this season & the speedway while you can.

I generally wish all of you that are fighting to keep to club going all the best. 

Is there a lot of hate? A few people are disappointed and are looking for a target. The BSF is like Twitter, not the real world. MT set himself up to being that target by communicating with seemingly unresolved issues still hanging around. A shrewd businessman he may be but that's usually a negative where speedway is concerned as you delve in to the shark infested custard of speedway promotion and its owners. It's a steep learning cure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

Batchelor too, will not be employed while Buster is in charge. Cook is to unreliable 

But if they can't afford Zagar they will have to eventually sign someone!

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Every Peterborough fan already knew who Buster was when he took over. You'd seen the bargain teams put together at King's Lynn, why anyone would expect different at Peterborough is unbelievable & stupid. He'd saved you from early closure & won a title on a shoestring. 

MT has to take blame for making promises he couldn't deliver on. 

Buster works to a very strict budget & it's always been that way. Most outsider's would see what he's done in his short tenure as an excellent job. 

Us at King's Lynn have never seen a top flight title, Buster delivered one almost immediately, we should be the immensely bitter ones to be fair. 

That's true. "Holdergate" and his reaction was still fresh in the memory. You make it sound like it was our choice and we should be pleased with sustainable speedway and under achievement apart from one fluke year.

Zagar was offered exactly the same deal as Pedersen but wanted £100 a point more after agreeing initially 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I’m curious. Are you one of many blaming Buster for not allowing Holder to ride for him after what he did?

Nope ...the only person I am blaming in my post is Palm Toft for his gutless 'performance' last week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He'll do well to be at Lynn and BV at the same time.

Yep you are right.. but considering he only turned up in body and not mind last week that shouldn't be a problem

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Thank god..I would defo not go if we signed him..

5 hours ago, TTT said:

Have to pay it though because we don't have another option.

A decent guest is never guaranteed with the fixed race night situation, MPT scoring a blank on Monday should be enough encouragement to get back on the phone to Zagar imo.

Get ya hand in your pocket then.......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Zagar was offered exactly the same deal as Pedersen but wanted £100 a point more after agreeing initially 

Not true.

Zagar said the offer sounded OK, but he would need to speak to his team to work out the exact costs of riding in the UK.

Zagar came back and gave his revised price.

4 hours ago, Crump99 said:

That's true. "Holdergate" and his reaction was still fresh in the memory. You make it sound like it was our choice and we should be pleased with sustainable speedway and under achievement apart from one fluke year.

It's far from acceptable for fans, & the teams dished out at King's Lynn too are far from acceptable but Chapman will work from his budget & not move. This guy is not for moving under any circumstances no matter the amount of moaning & pressure. It's either 'put up & shut up' or don't go with Buster. 

R/R on Monday again folks.

• Haha 1