British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

The club was equally at fault, if not more so as they didn't need to gamble on an injured 45/46 year old.

If this didn't set alarm bells ringing then I don't know what would:

Pedersen admits that since his last hip fracture, he has had to prepare wisely - I used to run a lot. I like to do it, but at the moment I'm cycling instead. Even though I don't have any pain now, the long term concern is not to cause any damage and not to let my pelvic pain come back. I broke it, which affected my left leg. Everything is in the right place, but now, instead of pushing it while running, it is better to put less pressure on the pelvis by cycling, concludes Nicki Pedersen.

sportowefakty 23/2/23

Agree, Bad calls made all round.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

Apparently DHL have been refused permission for car storage at the showground.

The time to kick up a stink is now 

On what basis? It's going to need to be a bit more factually constructive and targetted than a bit of noise. We're history in 16 weeks

33 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

On what basis? It's going to need to be a bit more factually constructive and targetted than a bit of noise. We're history in 16 weeks

Not sure got sent a message from someone involved at the speedway club saying so

11 hours ago, Crump99 said:

He will have to get back to his mate on that one

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I will

On 5/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, bigcatdiary said:

Is that the one allegedly still interested in buying the club? He must be pretty confident in his position and there must be a lot of work going on behind the scenes because from the outside looking in (and the club has admitted as such) it's 16 weeks left of a season worse than 2022 (and that's some trick) before the club folds for good? I'm all for waiting to see the submitted AEPG plan but if we've got anything to counter their position and our impending demise then it's about time to put something out there. The only "dramatic change of circumstances" will come initially from public opposition so if the club really is serious about not continuing just to roll over then that stink needs to start pdq. He needs to reply to the message telling them to get a shift on.

Edited by Crump99

21 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Is that the one allegedly still interested in buying the club? He must be pretty confident in his position and there must be a lot of work going on behind the scenes because from the outside looking in (and the club has admitted as such) it's 16 weeks left of a season worse than 2022 (and that's some trick) before the club folds for good? I'm all for waiting to see the submitted AEPG plan but if we've got anything to counter their position and our impending demise then it's about time to put something out there. The only "dramatic change of circumstances" will come initially from public opposition so if the club really is serious about not continuing just to roll over then that stink needs to start pdq. He needs to reply to the message telling them to get a shift on.

Yep that’s the one

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Yep that’s the one

Just a darts player though 

Anyone else bored of the silence from the club now, no number 1, everyone saying we need to start kicking up a stink regarding show ground re development but the club haven’t even said anything about what exactly they want the public/fans help with regarding this. If they want to tackle it on their own that’s fair enough but at least say something ! We’ve got to the end of this week to get a number 1 or the season is all but done, I know we will keep getting a facility for nicki blah blah but surely you want a team of 7 and not 6 plus who ever is available on the night,  it’s getting pathetic now 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Anyone else bored of the silence from the club now, no number 1, everyone saying we need to start kicking up a stink regarding show ground re development but the club haven’t even said anything about what exactly they want the public/fans help with regarding this. If they want to tackle it on their own that’s fair enough but at least say something ! We’ve got to the end of this week to get a number 1 or the season is all but done, I know we will keep getting a facility for nicki blah blah but surely you want a team of 7 and not 6 plus who ever is available on the night,  it’s getting pathetic now 

Correct what's the point if you haven't got your own team out there.

3 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

The club is clearly following The Four Stage Strategy as explained in the first episode of Yes, Prime Minister - we're at 3.5 now:

In stage one we say “nothing is going to happen”

In stage two we say “something may be going to happen but we should do nothing about it”

In stage three we say “maybe we should do something about it, but there’s nothing we can do”

In stage four we say “maybe there’s something we could have done, but it’s too late now”

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

It riles me up on Facebook with all the happy clappers saying they are tired of all the moaning..I'm sick of the radio silence and to make it worse it's the same at Lynn...there's a common denominator here..

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

The club is clearly following The Four Stage Strategy as explained in the first episode of Yes, Prime Minister - we're at 3.5 now:

In stage one we say “nothing is going to happen”

In stage two we say “something may be going to happen but we should do nothing about it”

In stage three we say “maybe we should do something about it, but there’s nothing we can do”

In stage four we say “maybe there’s something we could have done, but it’s too late now”

YES, Minister ! 

RR at 1 at Ippo this Thursday. Are we still bothering with the rain dance routine? 

Could be an absolute massacre. 60-30.

I don't believe they are interested in signing a new number one, its that or the riders do not want to ride for the club or current management / promotion team.

Guest riders or R/R for the rest of the season I think.