British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

What about Tungate, KK, and Tarasenko,  for NP, Hans, and one of Worrall, Basso , Cook. Not ideal i know. But would make you strong at home.

I'd do it and said the same to a member of the management team last night. Make kK feel loved and focus on home form 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

What about Tungate, KK, and Tarasenko,  for NP, Hans, and one of Worrall, Basso , Cook. Not ideal i know. But would make you strong at home.

Just sign a decent no1. That's all that's needed. As it stands everyone is under unnecessary pressure to cover the the likes of cack like MPT at 1. If we'd had Bewley as guest again we'd had won easily, not been 4 points down after one race and Fricke wouldn't have looked like the superstar that he isn't.

• Like 3

They've left it too late now..after yesterday I feel the season is done..boring meetings racing for nothing but pride or to save the embarrassment as being labelled the worst prem team in history.

Edited by chrismorton

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Just sign a decent no1. That's all that's needed. As it stands everyone is under unnecessary pressure to cover the the likes of cack like MPT at 1. If we'd had Bewley as guest again we'd had won easily, not been 4 points down after one race and Fricke wouldn't have looked like the superstar that he isn't.

Didn’t win because we didn’t have a particular guest?…Oh dear….Lucky to still be able to get a facility for the guy!

8 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Didn’t win because we didn’t have a particular guest?…Oh dear….Lucky to still be able to get a facility for the guy!

It wasn't a particular guest, it was an appropriate guest. You know, a number one that wins at least 3 races on his home (or for that evening at least) track. Strange concept I know but a useful objective all the same.

Whether or not the facility should or should not be available is a different issue.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Just been reading the speedway star and for the first time that I can remember we do not have 1 rider in the top 20 averages and no riders above a 6pt average (into the 7's I mean). For me the 3 experienced guys in Hans (hate to say this about a club legend), Niels and Worral are really at fault. Also noticed the scores of the rumoured 2 middle order guys coming in are not that great either so not really much to look forward to unless a suprise is coming..

Really don't understand Peterborough fans problem with Richie Worrall. He's delivering exactly what's expected from him average wise. He's not your problem one iota. 

Iversen & Basso have been poor, Andersen, Worrall are about their level & Cook & Jenkins are above their expectations. 

If Tungate & Tarasenko gets going they can make a significant difference.

• Like 3

Have Peterborough actually announced Tarasenko yet?  His TV interview at the Grudziadz meeting plus the Polish sites (Sportowefakty etc) have already mentioned him being in the Panthers line up, but I can’t remember seeing a press release.  If they don’t announce another incoming rider with him it’s a bit after the horse has bolted 

37 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Really don't understand Peterborough fans problem with Richie Worrall. He's delivering exactly what's expected from him average wise. He's not your problem one iota. 

Iversen & Basso have been poor, Andersen, Worrall are about their level & Cook & Jenkins are above their expectations. 

Have to agree. Whilst I wouldn't have signed Worrall he's not the problem but he or Basso may need to go to bring in a 1.

As mentioned above we need a number 1 who'll win 3-4 races a meeting at home and a high scoring reserve. 

We simply need to find and pay for a proper number 1.  

Tarasenko should be fine at reserve and Tungate is good for double figures every home meeting around the showground.  

6 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Have Peterborough actually announced Tarasenko yet?  His TV interview at the Grudziadz meeting plus the Polish sites (Sportowefakty etc) have already mentioned him being in the Panthers line up, but I can’t remember seeing a press release.  If they don’t announce another incoming rider with him it’s a bit after the horse has bolted 

Nope it's really weird how long it's taking to announce the 2 changes. To a point where I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve by leaving it so long. 

If the arguement is over Tarasenko's average then tell us 

16 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Agree. A decent No.1 would make a huge difference. The problem seems to be cost of such a rider. So the other  way to go would be  to make  2-3 changes if availability and funds allow. Tungate would make a big difference for you at home, and would leave plenty of scope (points) for more changes to strengthen up another position or 2.

NKI 6.77 

Cook 5.41 

Basso 6.09

Worrall 6.25

Tungate 6.61

Tarasenko 5.00

Jenkins 

2.87 points spare 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I get what you're saying but Basso will come good and he has massive scope for improvement....I haven't got a problem with Worrall but he is just not my type of rider..if he don't make the gate he rarely passes.

• Like 3