British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

But MT and CJ obviously think they will turn up.

For NORA?

Just now, iainb said:

For NORA?

Probably not NORA. I think it would have to be lower leagues at first( if accepted) and build their way up. 

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Probably not NORA. I think it would have to be lower leagues at first( if accepted) and build their way up. 

I can't see anyway that BSPL would accept them while Buster still has the Peterborough "Asset" for sale

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Walton said:

What about the Company that’s taken a lease on the units behind the pit area,

Sub let to them by AEPG, a car maintenance company, they have just got planning approval for change of use to a paint shop and car maintenance, but crucially their car storage retrospective planning application has not been approved, there are currently over 100 registered objections including one from National Highways. AEPG have treated local residents with contempt over this and their decision to not cut the grass on site, indeed parts of the Showground are now like a jungle, the residents have been stirred (with a gentle nudge from me) into action.

• Like 2

The guess work on here is hilarious, Hans has signed for Berwick. Not one mention of that happening on here.

Edited by Pitch
Spelling.

46 minutes ago, Pitch said:

The guess work on here is hilarious, Hans has signed for Berwick. Not one mention if that happening on here.

bit of a fairy tale for us Bandits fans :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

If what Gasser said is the case, then surely Tomalin and Johnson have got a free run to start a new speedway club?, Workington style maybe at first  ,without paying Buster a thing.  They have been looking for a new site, and they might have the land or not depending on which part of the same statement CJ made about 3 weeks ago is correct..

“I’m going to carry on trying to find a new site for a track because I don’t want Peterborough speedway to finish. I’d never want it to finish, but I can’t continue with the owner who is there and that’s not going to change as we stand.

“I’ve been the one pushing for new land for a new stadium. I’m the one who has done all the background work, all the footwork, and we have got a piece of land waiting for us.

No point imo because the sport has only got 2 years max left in this country imo, They'll just lose a lot of money in a short space of time. 

We've only got 16 teams in the PREM/CHAMP now and at least 6 (possibly rising to 7 or 8) of those have a question mark over their future.

47 minutes ago, TTT said:

No point imo because the sport has only got 2 years max left in this country imo, They'll just lose a lot of money in a short space of time. 

We've only got 16 teams in the PREM/CHAMP now and at least 6 (possibly rising to 7 or 8) of those have a question mark over their future.

It's not teams that have the question mark, it's the stadia!!

2 hours ago, Normski said:

bit of a fairy tale for us Bandits fans :D

I hope that he does well for Berwick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

My gut says the lower league will be Nora within the next couple of seasons.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Wheres Poole's new stadium going to be? 

Without that the first part is a moot point......

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

My gut says the lower league will be Nora within the next couple of seasons.

The only way speedway in the UK will survive is if the PL & CL merge and and CL team who don't want that level of expense can drop to the NDL.

The one thing I'd insist on is the CL teams have an equal if not greater input as they are the majority as it stands 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The way the climate is changing it's not stadia it's going to be needed but rather old industrial size warehouse where indoor arenas can be constructed :D

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

The way the climate is changing it's not stadia it's going to be needed but rather old industrial size warehouse where indoor arenas can be constructed :D

There’s a building eminently suited to indoor racing on the East of England Showground. Oh, hang on, that’s going to be demolished……..:-(

• Like 1