British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I can't believe Harris thinks it's a good move for him. He was 3rd in the averages for Leicester, now being thrown in as a No1 his average is gonna take a dramatic hit, he's nowhere near that level anymore. 

He's getting chewed & spat out vs other heatleaders 

Peterborough have a run of home meeting which is a track I’m sure he prefers as a home circuit so lots of earning potential.  Won’t be in the playoffs with Peterborough but can do the guest bookings instead. 
if his average drops that’s a advantage for next season. Good move I’d suggest 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I can't believe Harris thinks it's a good move for him. He was 3rd in the averages for Leicester, now being thrown in as a No1 his average is gonna take a dramatic hit, he's nowhere near that level anymore. 

Yep. What a bad career move it would be if his average went down so he could take more guest bookings and be a more attractive proposition for teams to sign next year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is this the first time he's been bombed out mid season? I certainly can't remember it happening in the top league anyway. 

I know there were a few changes pre season around covid that saw him move teams but all before a wheel was turned. 

Finally a victim of the numbers game he plays so well each year to ensure maximum guest bookings and is about to kick off. That being said, he shouldn't be the one making way for the poor decision to sign Batch for Morris.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

The same as happens every year - Harris has a nack to keeping his average at a manageable level so he is able to guest for just about everybody and a good signing for next year too. His average taking a dramatic hit for the next couple of months is good for him in the long term

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Sounds like he is about to let rip  regarding the situation too.

Can't help but feel he's been treated shabbily by Leicester.

Hope he goes on and does the businesses for Peterborough

My mistake. Thought it was Chris Holder

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

My mistake. Thought it was Chris Holder

Now that would make for some interesting reading

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Thanks Lisa. I found it and we posted at the same time :t:

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thanks Lisa. I found it and we posted at the same time :t:

Oh, lol. Would have done it earlier if I came in Prem section! 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh, lol. Would have done it earlier if I came in Prem section! 

Thats fine.. But stick to your lane please :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sorry but the bloke has been released because his team want to make changes within the rules. He’s not the first victim of the numbers game and he won’t be the last. Little bit woe is me all this. 

He’s a very entertaining rider but the sport owes him (or any other rider) nothing. Yet most of them who ride here get two team spots and multiple guest bookings. 

Ill treated and placed in situations he hasn’t wanted to be in. Welcome to the world of being a British Speedway fan. 

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is it going to bring down British Speedway? :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Sorry but the bloke has been released because his team want to make changes within the rules. He’s not the first victim of the numbers game and he won’t be the last. Little bit woe is me all this. 

He’s a very entertaining rider but the sport owes him (or any other rider) nothing. Yet most of them who ride here get two team spots and multiple guest bookings. 

Ill treated and placed in situations he hasn’t wanted to be in. Welcome to the world of being a British Speedway fan. 

Don't you  think it would be wise to wait & see what Bomber has to say before passing judgement? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Don't you  think it would be wise to wait & see what Bomber has to say before passing judgement? 

Wouldn't it be better for him to wait until he's retired and include all this sort of stuff in his autobiography?