British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Perhaps this another difference between Scott Nichols and Chris Harris - Scotty realised at his age  that his time of doing two British Leagues was over and you have to respect the guy for that.

In saying that when he has guested for a Pl Team this season he has generally held his own

15 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Perhaps this another difference between Scott Nichols and Chris Harris - Scotty realised at his age  that his time of doing two British Leagues was over and you have to respect the guy for that.

In saying that when he has guested for a Pl Team this season he has generally held his own

I think Nicholls would have done both had not been for the tv work.He is looking after his future the same as Harris.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iainb said:

Bomber as is... or Bomber as you remember him?

Bomber as is, still a very good rider in this country, not surprised he only got 4 points for Peterbough, probably wants to lower his average for next season.who thought Batch was a good replacement for Morris, its laughable.

1 hour ago, Booey boy said:

Harris is not a top rider any more in the Premier league he is 5 to 6 pointer and going down hill 4 points for Peterborough Monday night from a number1

Is he really....what's his average then?..he is one of the only things left that I like in British Speedway and I would pay to watch him so you lot can speak for yourselves..if only there were more like him then this league would be more exciting.

• Like 4

Next home loss for the Panthers on August 21st has now been changed to be against Sheffield  not Leicester ,

Leicester will be winning at the showground on 7th September 3 days after another home loss to Sheffield again on September 4th,  

So Busters now got to pay for two home Peterborough meeting's  in one week now , so bets are on as to which meeting will unfortunately be called off due to ............... 

Ive left a space for your thoughts on what the reason the meeting will be called off for , 

My guess uncleaned toilets resulting in hygiene issues

Edited by scoobydoo

I just think the track didn't suit bomber at all. His scores weren't bad but I think expectations were high for him riding at number 4. He was giving it his all though so that's all I can ask for. 

47 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Next home loss for the Panthers on August 21st has now been changed to be against Sheffield  not Leicester ,

Leicester will be winning at the showground on 7th September 3 days after another home loss to Sheffield again on September 4th,  

So Busters now got to pay for two home Peterborough meeting's  in one week now , so bets are on as to which meeting will unfortunately be called off due to ............... 

Ive left a space for your thoughts on what the reason the meeting will be called off for , 

As 21st August is on TV, my money is on that one 

3 hours ago, Noodles said:

As 21st August is on TV, my money is on that one 

Another meeting rearranged just so people can watch Woffinden again then , Abi Stevens was all eyes for him last week, 

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Broken gate

Electrical failure

Hole suddenly appeared in track

Burst water pipe

Bad rain forecast in the next 48hrs

Volcano 

Can’t be arsed

On holiday

Note: Don’t use burst water pipe as you’re in for it from the cartel. If you’re a cartel team though, go for it. 

Any chance of Panther moving to Swindon? There's a perfectly good track with a stadium being built around it an no Speedway team!

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Broken gate

Electrical failure

Hole suddenly appeared in track

Burst water pipe

Bad rain forecast in the next 48hrs

Volcano 

Can’t be arsed

On holiday

Note: Don’t use burst water pipe as you’re in for it from the cartel. If you’re a cartel team though, go for it. 

You missed faulty/supply issue with tyres lol

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Any chance of Panther moving to Swindon? There's a perfectly good track with a stadium being built around it an no Speedway team!

Doesn't fill the criteria: "The service provided by the facility is met by alternative provision that exists within
reasonable proximity: what is deemed as reasonable proximity will depend on the nature
of the facility and its associated catchment area;" ;)

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Really? 

Has anyone mentioned this to the last lot of Swindon Promoters? 

Sounds perfect for their needs...:D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Really? 

Has anyone mentioned this to the last lot of Swindon Promoters? 

Sounds perfect for their needs...:D

May have to return the brown envelope though ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Another meeting rearranged just so people can watch Woffinden again then , Abi Stevens was all eyes for him last week, 

Like his ego needed feeding anymore...