British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Not one word on the official pages supporting yesterday's rally or the save Peterborough Panthers quite telling if you ask me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Not one word on the official pages supporting yesterday's rally or the save Peterborough Panthers quite telling if you ask me 

I've not seen anything Flappy tbh. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but  to be fair, I've never said he has done enough or anything to help the Panthers cause with regards to campaigning . I back him on some things ,if i think i'm right, but not everything.  Mick Bratley has stood up for Buster twice within a week on here, on stadium issues (page 624) . And he is well respected, as you know yourself. As i have always said, he's far from perfect, but i believe he gets some undeserved slagging off at times. Which i guess is the case if MB has stuck up for him on the stadium situation.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've not seen anything Flappy tbh. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but  to be fair, I've never said he has done enough or anything to help the Panthers cause with regards to campaigning . I back him on some things ,if i think i'm right, but not everything.  Mick Bratley has stood up for Buster twice within a week on here, on stadium issues (page 624) . And he is well respected, as you know yourself. As i have always said, he's far from perfect, but i believe he gets some undeserved slagging off at times. Which i guess is the case if MB has stuck up for him on the stadium situation.

Did he really need to announce Rob Lyon and Basso on the day of a rally, may be a little thing to many but comes across as insensitive 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Did he really need to announce Rob Lyon and Basso on the day of a rally, may be a little thing to many but comes across as insensitive 

If i was a Panthers fan, then yes it would of come across as insensitive to me.

Do you agree he gets blamed for some things undeservedly. As i explained in the previous post.?

Edited by Bald Bloke

Note to Mick Bratley : Mick you and the club were absolutely incredible in helping honour the memory of Panthers fan David Pratley there after his sudden passing aged just 52 in 2007 ( Dave was my best mate and got me into Speedway as a kid at Rayleigh and i still am a fan now 50 odd years later ) His family along with my self are eternally grateful to you for all you did. We all met up to remember him in August at the track. Must have been over 20 of us there . His ashes were scattered on bend 3 back in 2007. Was wondering if we might be able to recover some shale from the track to give to family to remember him by ? I hope you and others in the consortium are successful in bring back the Panthers to the Showground very soon. Any help gratefully received. Sounds like shale at Kings Lynn ??

Edited by Goldhawk
correction

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I agree it wasn’t timed well at all but in Kings Lynn defence it had already been reported via Polish website regarding Basso signing before the KL announcement . 
But I agree doesn’t look good . And it definitely doesn’t look good when the Panthers owner doesn’t turn up in Peterborough City centre yesterday . 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Haza said:

I agree it wasn’t timed well at all but in Kings Lynn defence it had already been reported via Polish website regarding Basso signing before the KL announcement . 
But I agree doesn’t look good . And it definitely doesn’t look good when the Panthers owner doesn’t turn up in Peterborough City centre yesterday . 

Wouldn’t of expected him to go based on the past few months and I doubt he would of been very welcome.

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Agreed, but it tells you all you need to know. His job is done, he's got what he could out of it, left bugger all and a mess for genuine Peterborough Speedway people to try to salvage something from. He's not been interested in pushing anything during 2023 but the AEPG narrative. Unless he had a bombshell bit of positive information then staying well away was the sensible option.  If he feels that he gets a rough deal then it usually appears to be well deserved. He can always clarify the situation if he wishes. Effective communication isn't too difficult apparently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Haza said:

Do you blame Buster for not turning up ? He's been publicly slagged off repeatedly by a " consortium member" and others who have basically whipped up a public hate campaign against him, turning  everything negative that has happened into busters fault. The term " witch hunt" springs to mind.I wouldn't have gone either if it was me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Do you blame Buster for not turning up ? He's been publicly slagged off repeatedly by a " consortium member" and others who have basically whipped up a public hate campaign against him, turning  everything negative that has happened into busters fault. The term " witch hunt" springs to mind.I wouldn't have gone either if it was me 

No I don’t blame him but he’s bought a lot of it on his self - all saying is when you have a gathering like Saturday to protest the closing of the showground and the current owner of the club doesn’t turn up it’s not a good look - it says to me the true owner of the club is the fans and the real  owner couldn’t give a rats arse if Peterborough Speedeway continues.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Haza said:

No I don’t blame him but he’s bought a lot of it on his self - all saying is when you have a gathering like Saturday to protest the closing of the showground and the current owner of the club doesn’t turn up it’s not a good look - it says to me the true owner of the club is the fans and the real  owner couldn’t give a rats arse if Peterborough Speedeway continues.

He needs to hand it over 

3 hours ago, castrolargh said:

and rightly so..his (Chapmans) behaviour has been an utter disgrace and with Rob Lyon and all our riders going to Lynn just rubs our noses in it.. although was never a fan of Lyon anyway, I never liked Chapman which was proved right and my feelings towards Kings Lynn and speedway in general right now is at an all time low with all the corruption and crap that goes on....and they wonder why it's dying on its arse.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flappy said:

He needs to hand it over 

Any news on the talks between Busty and the Consortium?

Charm offensive for the local community continues…get the feeling their feathers are ruffled…

"The land is in no way under the control of Peterborough City Council (PCC) and there is no obligation to hold any specific activities on the site at the behest of PCC, or the local community