British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Happy retirement Hans Andersen, Thank you for everything.

A great servant to British speedway over the years. All the best to Hans.

All gone very quiet regarding our future I predict a multi ear scrap

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

All gone very quiet regarding our future I predict a multi ear scrap

This is my concern also. It Could be a few years to get back on the showground. I can't help thinking I wish somehow get some land and get on with creating a new track like Workington. I doubt it is that simple though and I am grateful for the consortium's efforts.

27 minutes ago, Pitch said:

This is my concern also. It Could be a few years to get back on the showground. I can't help thinking I wish somehow get some land and get on with creating a new track like Workington. I doubt it is that simple though and I am grateful for the consortium's efforts.

Workington didn't have to get new land, that track had been there for 20+ years as a training track. 

The protest we had just before Christmas , something was said in the lines of " we thought we would get the promoters license this week  but it now looks like it will be sometime next week " , not sure whether there was an update on this or not , I would like to think I've been on the ball ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Workington didn't have to get new land, that track had been there for 20+ years as a training track. 

No plan B it's the showground or nothing we will still be in the same position this time next year chasing a pipe dream.

• Like 1

I see on Facebook they’ve started taking the Grandstand down 

• Sad 1

Told you.

We're done now imo.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Told you.

We're done now imo.

Certainly doesn’t look good - in fact  I think now  more energy should now go into to finding an alternative site than trying to get the Showground back into operation . As you say we’re done now . A new site and track is the way forward Workington has shown what can be done .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Certainly doesn’t look good - in fact  I think now  more energy should now go into to finding an alternative site than trying to get the Showground back into operation . As you say we’re done now . A new site and track is the way forward Workington has shown what can be done .

I wouldn't bother to be honest now Haza, I don't see how anyone could recoup the money it would cost to start fresh at a different site.

Also knowing how much Britain is pushing with their agendas lately I wouldn't be surprised if Speedway was forced into using Electric bikes in a couple of years which would no doubt kill the sport off entirely.

We're already seeing videos of electric bikes to test the waters on social media platforms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haza said:

I see on Facebook they’ve started taking the Grandstand down 

Do you have a link Haza.

50 minutes ago, TTT said:

I wouldn't bother to be honest now Haza, I don't see how anyone could recoup the money it would cost to start fresh at a different site.

Also knowing how much Britain is pushing with their agendas lately I wouldn't be surprised if Speedway was forced into using Electric bikes in a couple of years which would no doubt kill the sport off entirely.

We're already seeing videos of electric bikes to test the waters on social media platforms.

Methanol bikes are probably cleaner than electric bikes