British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Same here with Monmore, I'm clinging on trying to keep interested in the sport but not renewed BSN and not interested in going to Ben Fund or PCMM and thinking of not bothering with Discovery + this year for the gps

On 3/12/2024 at 10:05 PM, Crump99 said:

And play close attention to all relevant aspects within the local plan as well as the submissions by major players on the PCC planning portal. It's funny that AEPG say that they and the EEAS have no future obligation to support Peterborough Speedway financially, however, they are keen to say LP36 & 30 doesn't specifically mention speedway. As the only permanent/annual regular sporting and leisure user for 49 years when the local plan was adopted, what else does LP30 allude to? Also by wrecking the speedway infrastructure & stand they are trying to engineer a position where LP30 doesn't apply, as noted by PCC Policy :

LP30 – Culture Leisure, Tourism and Community Facilities Policy LP36 specifically makes reference to the requirements of Policy LP30 and the loss of existing cultural, leisure, tourism and community facilities: The applicant will need to demonstrate that the proposals meet the requirements of points k-m, in particular with regard to the speedway track. The applications do propose to make a good, appropriate, level of sport and leisure uses. Normally, the application would not be considered to meet points k-m as they stand, as they do not provide a replacement facility for speedway use, and the speedway track was clearly fit for purpose. This has been made more complex by the Speedway club having been served notice and asked to vacate the site and remove their safety and lighting infrastructure, therefore no longer meeting point k and in no longer being fit for purpose requiring the meeting of point l and m. It is noted that Sport England have provided comments in response to the application.

At best this is going to be very long winded.

I agree they should follow the local plan and provide a new venue but I have zero faith in our council or local government to actually hold these people to task. 

It all feels at least a year too late and this is where Chapman needed to do more to drum up support and a challenge of Indeed he wanted to save Peterborough speedway.

Posted (edited)

Cannot see AEPG stumping up any money anytime soon even if they were told to adhere to the policy ,

They will just drag there heals no doubt stating they need to sell x amount of houses to fund the costs thus dragging it on and hoping the interest will go away from those wanting the speedway to return,

It could be there cheapest option if there told to comply to the policy just to hand over the land the track and Grandstand are sat on in its present state,

But cannot really see them even doing this , so as stated this could be a very long winded stand off that could stretch into many years of frustration.

Edited by scoobydoo

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Cannot see AEPG stumping up any money anytime soon even if they were told to adhere to the policy ,

They will just drag there heals no doubt stating they need to sell x amount of houses to fund the costs thus dragging it on and hoping the interest will go away from those wanting the speedway to return,

It could be there cheapest option if there told to comply to the policy just to hand over the land the track and Grandstand are sat on in its present state,

But cannot really see them even doing this , so as stated this could be a very long winded stand off that could stretch into many years of frustration.

I suppose it depends how long AEPG can hold out with limited finances or how long the EOEAS decide they are going to give AEPG to sort the whole matter out.

I do agree that it could take years to sort out.

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, Flappy said:

At best this is going to be very long winded.

I agree they should follow the local plan and provide a new venue but I have zero faith in our council or local government to actually hold these people to task. 

It all feels at least a year too late and this is where Chapman needed to do more to drum up support and a challenge of Indeed he wanted to save Peterborough speedway.

I think that any outcome or timeline is possible, so until AEPG make their next planning move then it's difficult to know where we are or the direction of travel. PCC have to follow the local plan and publically justify their decisions after plenty of publicity and opposition to the planning proposals. It's not a standard nod through as it would normally be.

Although Chapman is getting all of the flak, and quite rightly so since his 2022 speech, I think that anyone in the "inner sanctum" (copyright Rodders) over the last 3 years has questions to answer. What did the supporters club do in 2023? They didn't do anything, played along to Chapman's agenda, came to the party too late and have all but given up the fight, not that it ever really started for them.

Yes it looks bad but don't give up yet!

Where's your invisible mate anyway? Never has anyone done so little but had so much alleged impact!

Edited by Crump99

Hate to be a negative nancy but I'd just give up now tbh, Life's too short to cling on to a pipe dream that's never going to happen.

It's time to face reality imo and two obvious things make it impossible for a return even if the council did help the Panthers out as it'll just be another Brandon Stadium situation at best.

1. Tomalin's mouth can talk the talk but he cant walk the walk, Never has someone said they're going to do so much whilst producing F all.

2. Buster is an AEPG insider who wouldn't sell the club anyway due to AEPG keeping him sweet with brown envelope money and they'll continue to do so (If needed). Buster doesn't want Speedway at Peterborough full stop because it'll just cost him money and he knows full well that the vast majority of happy clapper Panthers fans will end up at KL on a regular basis to support all the faces they've been seeing for a good few years at Peterborough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I think that any outcome or timeline is possible, so until AEPG make their next planning move then it's difficult to know where we are or the direction of travel. PCC have to follow the local plan and publically justify their decisions after plenty of publicity and opposition to the planning proposals. It's not a standard nod through as it would normally be.

Although Chapman is getting all of the flak, and quite rightly so since his 2022 speech, I think that anyone in the "inner sanctum" (copyright Rodders) over the last 3 years has questions to answer. What did the supporters club do in 2023? They didn't do anything, played along to Chapman's agenda, came to the party too late and have all but given up the fight, not that it ever really started for them.

Yes it looks bad but don't give up yet!

Where's your invisible mate anyway? Never has anyone done so little but had so much alleged impact!

They still hold regular quiz nights and organised a rally which was attended by people who we got to meet for the first time having never seen them at the showground for five years or so LOL.

5 hours ago, TTT said:

Hate to be a negative nancy but I'd just give up now tbh, Life's too short to cling on to a pipe dream that's never going to happen.

It's time to face reality imo and two obvious things make it impossible for a return even if the council did help the Panthers out as it'll just be another Brandon Stadium situation at best.

1. Tomalin's mouth can talk the talk but he cant walk the walk, Never has someone said they're going to do so much whilst producing F all.

2. Buster is an AEPG insider who wouldn't sell the club anyway due to AEPG keeping him sweet with brown envelope money and they'll continue to do so (If needed). Buster doesn't want Speedway at Peterborough full stop because it'll just cost him money and he knows full well that the vast majority of happy clapper Panthers fans will end up at KL on a regular basis to support all the faces they've been seeing for a good few years at Peterborough.

It depends what the dream and objective is? The reality is that nothing is off the table until planning is approved, or not, and explained/justified in terms of the local plan. I wouldn't throw in the towel quite yet. Getting speedway folk enthused and interested has always been like pulling teeth so no doubt the majority share your view, especially given that there in no local speedway coverage now or no outward communications from the club or alleged club saving consortium and its spokesman.

Tomalin is just one of many in the bigger picture although he was/is a big sponsor who would be needed going forward.

Chapman's continued ownership is a major problem but if AEPG think, for whatever reason, that he belongs to them then good luck with that! He'll do whatever is best for him and his pension fund irrespective of what they think.

7 hours ago, TTT said:

Agree with your points however, we will not ever visit KL again whilst Allitt and Chapman are there. Both cannot be excused for there support of AEPG closing the club and telling the fans over the microphone not to protest but roll over and let the club close.

• Like 1

Why aren’t all the efforts being put in to finding new land and building a new track? Yes I know it isn’t cheap, but all the talk this time last year was how deep the Purple man’s pockets were! Didn’t Carl Johnson (soon after buggering off) say they had land identified? Literally all the comments STILL on here are aiming digs at Buster, while Tomalin, Johnson, and the other members of the “consortium” (who were given full permission by Buster btw to negotiate with AEPG themselves) have gotten a free pass?

Where is Ged Rathbone also by the way? Neil Watson has often told us that Buster didn’t in actual fact save Peterborough Speedway as Rathbone would have simply carried on if nobody came forward. Why isn’t he part of the consortium? Why isn’t he doing anything to help Peterborough’s plight now?

• Thanks 2

Until the outcome is finally resolved concerning the LP policies,  it doesn't matter who is or isnt involved & the club will remain in its present state of limbo

No fool would invest a vast amount of money from there own pocket whatever there wealth  if theres a chance of funds having to be made available from elsewhere.

If the club does have a future the consortium will then go though and buy out Chapman and who knows have a future plot of land ready to go or even an emotional return to the showground .

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Rickyag said:

Agree with your points however, we will not ever visit KL again whilst Allitt and Chapman are there. Both cannot be excused for there support of AEPG closing the club and telling the fans over the microphone not to protest but roll over and let the club close.

Unfortunately all of the facebook happy clappers who defended Champan 24/7 will end up attending the AFA though.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Until the outcome is finally resolved concerning the LP policies,  it doesn't matter who is or isnt involved & the club will remain in its present state of limbo

No fool would invest a vast amount of money from there own pocket whatever there wealth  if theres a chance of funds having to be made available from elsewhere.

If the club does have a future the consortium will then go though and buy out Chapman and who knows have a future plot of land ready to go or even an emotional return to the showground .

No fool would promise what he did to the fans before engaging his brain first either , I’m afraid.

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 hours ago, Aries said:

Why aren’t all the efforts being put in to finding new land and building a new track? Yes I know it isn’t cheap, but all the talk this time last year was how deep the Purple man’s pockets were! Didn’t Carl Johnson (soon after buggering off) say they had land identified? Literally all the comments STILL on here are aiming digs at Buster, while Tomalin, Johnson, and the other members of the “consortium” (who were given full permission by Buster btw to negotiate with AEPG themselves) have gotten a free pass?

Where is Ged Rathbone also by the way? Neil Watson has often told us that Buster didn’t in actual fact save Peterborough Speedway as Rathbone would have simply carried on if nobody came forward. Why isn’t he part of the consortium? Why isn’t he doing anything to help Peterborough’s plight now?

I agree all efforts should be into finding a new site and building a new track - Workington has shown what can be done - why would anyone want to go back to the Showground now ? and if the club did it only be short term - time to be in charge of own destiny I think new track is the only way forward .

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Aries said:

It has been said that Buster bought them to save the Prem, and the TV deal. Rathbone was going to continue in the Champ if no buyer came forward i believe.

There are a some Panthers fans that are starting to give MT a bit of stick on here lately, and rightly so imho..  I think some  still don't, hoping he might come good one day, and don't want to pee him off. As you mentioned Johnson" buggering of " ,  i wonder what the Panthers fans would of thought of him, if his actions would of caused Chapman to shut up shop mid season. Maybe a cynic might think he did it thinking that it would put Buster in trouble, and help  his mate MT get the club cheap/free, who knows? 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Confused 1