British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

And he’s basically admitted this himself with his recent interview. That’s why I’d be very wary of signing him. Look at the “effort” he put in at Lynn, and that was years ago when he was in his pomp. I’d swerve him personally. 

Yeah .His beloved  Poole dumped him when the team building average changed and he was on over a 12. The ex world champ didn't want to ride the grippy track along with his mate Batch. All the "lesser" riders completed the meeting. Says it all imho.

13 hours ago, TTT said:

Compromise team that should keep everyone happy enough

1. Nicki P (Have to pay the money for Nicki if Buster insists on being petty about the past when it comes to Holder)

2. Andersen

3. Basso

4. Tungate / R. Worrall (Tungate over Richie if somebody is willing to spanner for him, If not then we'll have to settle for Richie)

5. NKI

6. B. Cook

7. JJ (RS)

U need a better no 1 than NKI....Nicki P would be good if he can get over his injuries...

14 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

He normally has new bikes each year

And that's where money gets wasted - totally unnecessary expenditure.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

We dont get the gates like they do in Poland...

They don't pay £20+ to watch a match in Poland. The big money is all from nouveau riche business people with successful businesses and money to burn.

16 hours ago, Pitch said:

I think that there should/might be an announcement this Thursday. That is what was eluded to on the "More Muzic Radio" station last Saturday 4th.

News always seem to elude the fans. Hopefully any announcement will allude to some specific info :)

20 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

And that's where money gets wasted - totally unnecessary expenditure.

Yes & no. The old equipment gets handed down to the youngsters coming through that can't afford new. 

Swings & roundabouts 

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

U need a better no 1 than NKI....Nicki P would be good if he can get over his injuries...

Agree, Very unlikely that we'll get one though imo.

The longer this drags on, The worse it's going to get imo to a point where we could literally end up with anyone.

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yeah .His beloved  Poole dumped him when the team building average changed and he was on over a 12. The ex world champ didn't want to ride the grippy track along with his mate Batch. All the "lesser" riders completed the meeting. Says it all imho.

Yes I would agree with that, even his brother rode the track pretty well that night. I was surprised though, you expect it from Batchelor but I didn't expect it from Chris Holder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes & no. The old equipment gets handed down to the youngsters coming through that can't afford new. 

Swings & roundabouts 

Many of the youngsters buy new stuff as well, because that's what the pros do :)  Engines have always been traded second hand and I agree that's an expense beyond the reach of many but frames, wheels and everything else can last years.  It puzzles me why a pro should think a new wheel, for example, is any better than the one they have, as long as it's true!

Edited by SPEEDY69

Dress this one up.  If this team I've been told by a few people takes to the track they deserve an empty stadium. 

Speedway for the sake of it not for me. 

NKI 

Basso 

Worrall

Andersen

C. Cook 

B. Cook 

Jenkins 

Owner - Buster Chapman 

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Dress this one up.  If this team I've been told by a few people takes to the track they deserve an empty stadium. 

NKI 

Basso 

Worrall

Andersen

C. Cook 

B. Cook 

Jenkins 

Owner - Buster Chapman 

:lol:

How could it get so awful.

Tomlin is such a winner :rofl:

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

:lol:

How could it get so awful.

Tomlin is such a winner :rofl:

Not his fault though, Michael will be exempt from any blame in my book if our 1-7 isn't competitive.

24 minutes ago, Flappy said:

NKI 

Basso 

Worrall

Andersen

C. Cook 

B. Cook 

Jenkins 

Owner - Buster Chapman 

NKI 7.59

C.Cook 4.93

Worrall 6.19

Andersen 4.93

Basso 6.81

B.Cook 4.06

Jenkins RS

Have we really built a team 4.49 points under the limit?? 

8 minutes ago, TTT said:

Not his fault though, Michael will be exempt from any blame in my book if our 1-7 isn't competitive.

Are you nuts, we've been constantly told all winter Tomlin is picking the rider's & Buster is just licence holder. 

Now the predicted team has seriously deteriorated Tomlin becomes exonerated :lol:

That team is firmly on Tomlin

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

Are you nuts, we've been constantly told all winter Tomlin is picking the rider's & Buster is just licence holder. 

Now the predicted team has seriously deteriorated Tomlin becomes exonerated :lol:

That team is firmly on Tomlin

If Tomalin is picking the riders then Chris Holder will be in the side because that's what Tomalin wants, But if Chris doesn't feature in our 1-7 then it tells us that Buster is still having the final say on matters and that he's put a stop to any deal for Holder due to the 2017 situation.

The Holder situation will give us all the answers we need to know as to who's in charge and who's calling the shots behind the scenes.