British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, cambpanther said:

Freddie Lindgren.... :party:

Been asked said no. 

Antonio Lindback is prepared to do some of the season but not all 

11 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I thought he was suffering with long Covid and has to pace himself through the season?

Freddie's long covid issues even forced him to take a break from his Polish racing last season so it's safe to say that he won't be doing a full UK season again imo.

Doesn't race in Sweden anymore either now.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TTT said:

Freddie's long covid issues even forced him to take a break from his Polish racing last season so it's safe to say that he won't be doing a full UK season again imo.

Doesn't race in Sweden anymore either now.

It wont be Freddie...

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Been asked said no. 

Antonio Lindback is prepared to do some of the season but not all 

Is the pub still open at the stadium entrance? Could be a deal breaker

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I agree. It’s a big cost and a lot of work. I like the idea that the new Workington track has done with banking all the way round the circuit and no stand as such. If it rains speedway gets called off so maybe for the first season or something lower the gate price and people bring camping chairs or stand etc. 

i guess it all depends if MT will somehow incorporate a speedway track into his designs for car auctions or something. I could see the council maybe considering bringing the dogs back so having a dog track inside the speedway track and making the venue multi use 

Do what Leicester did. Get planning permission over the larger area of land for multiple uses. Raise money by charging for commercial dumping of earth and crushed rubble (with the Council turning a blind eye to it). Instal temporary seating (which becomes permanent) and hey presto, popup speedway stadium

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Once saw Antonio at the services on the M6 after the speedway World Cup at BV buying a box of Krispy Kreme’s, seems he’s not the most health conscious rider around.

58 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Once saw Antonio at the services on the M6 after the speedway World Cup at BV buying a box of Krispy Kreme’s, seems he’s not the most health conscious rider around.

must be a Sweden thing :D

Hellstrom-Bangs at the SoN

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Alcoholism is a problem that  millions of people suffer from... As is anxiety and depression, which if i remember you suffer from.. I'm sure your comment  will make him feel on top of the world if he is on here. Think before you post....

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Alcoholism is a problem that  millions of people suffer from... As is anxiety and depression, which if i remember you suffer from.. I'm sure your comment  will make him feel on top of the world if he is on here. Think before you post....

This 

16 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Do what Leicester did. Get planning permission over the larger area of land for multiple uses. Raise money by charging for commercial dumping of earth and crushed rubble (with the Council turning a blind eye to it). Instal temporary seating (which becomes permanent) and hey presto, popup speedway stadium

The Leicester Stadium was built with racing taking place a few years before the dumping of earth took place.  This action was fully controlled & compliant with the required regulations. The other uses (football & BMX) could still use the “raised” land for their sport but these have not been forthcoming. 
The money raised paid off the loans for the building of the stadium and if anybody with spare land wishes to raise money in a similar way then developers would love to hear from you as getting rid of earth is always a challenge. 

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

This 

It's not "This" though is it. And you did put a laughing smiley Flappy lad :t:

Alcoholism is a problem, so is depression (which I have), cancer, racism etc. 

Like Ricky Gervais says "what is life if you can't take the p!ss out of everything". 

All Comedians should be cancelled.

If someone has a problem with jokes, it them that needs to take a look at themselves, not the person telling the jokes.

If your alcoholic & find my joke offensive, get help.

Alcoholics Anonymous 0800 9177 650

Never let anyone tell you what you find funny is wrong. 

Life is for living & having a laugh, tomorrow could just be your last. :wub::t:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It was a joke, pretty light hearted and not particularly vicious. The individual created the circumstances himself and is hopefully now getting the help he needs to control or more likely kick the habit, stop him from getting in a car to kill himself or others, as well as keeping him free from jail. In the unlikely event that he does see the post/joke, hopefully he sees if for what it is, but if it touches a nerve and spurs him in to more effective rehabilitation then that can only be a good thing.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It wont be Freddie...

100% not Freddie imo considering he couldn't fulfill his Polish fixtures last season due to his long covid issues.

It will be Nicki P imo, If Nicki isn't in the side then it means we've turned him down because Nicki wants to ride for 3.5k, Price that must be met by the club if we don't have an alternative option on the table.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

100% not Freddie imo considering he couldn't fulfill his Polish fixtures last season due to his long covid issues.

It will be Nicki P imo, If Nicki isn't in the side then it means we've turned him down because Nicki wants to ride for 3.5k, Price that must be met by the club if we don't have an alternative option on the table.

Pretty sure nicki will be our number 1 now, was going to be NKI with holder at 5 but buster spat his dummy out.  The team is sorted now. I just don’t know if they have kept Worrall or swapped him for tungate. Hoping for the latter as I’ve heard the club have been trying really hard to get him a spanner for the season

15 hours ago, stevehone said:

must be a Sweden thing :D

Hellstrom-Bangs at the SoN

Trying to get sponsorship from the manufacturer of Gaviscon I suspect?