British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'll happily accept some apologies if you like Peterborough fans. Billy Bigbollox not so much the future now is he :rolleyes:

Chapman is the easy target, when it's clear the responsibility for this team is more '2nd Hand Motormouth' & Allitt. 

Daniel, as you know, I'm friends with Dale and will defend him, sometimes out of loyalty granted but on this one he had nothing to do with team building at Peterborough for this season as all of that was taken over by others now involved with Peterborough. 

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Promised the world. Delivered naff all. Talk is cheap. I've been banging on about this for ages. People might figure it out one day.. :blink:

Posted this elsewhere in February: figured it out long ago.

"If Tomalin is putting money in for not a lot whilst allowing Chapman & Co to serve up their usual dogs, accompanied by rubbish PR for their paying customers, then he's the usual good businessman in his field but out of his depth in the speedway environment of shark infested custard?"

• Like 1

Bewley is guesting for us on Monday

53 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think you'll find he has... The word is that he hasn't , and only gave a fraction of what was agreed with Buster. Maybe he could give some clarification on that one... As well as all the other stuff he was going to deliver..

Yep. Been told exactly the same. Promised a load of money and hasn’t paid a penny yet 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Yep. Been told exactly the same. Promised a load of money and hasn’t paid a penny yet 

Have heard the same. 

Thoughts are with those who where hanging off his every word and promise over the winter

59 minutes ago, TTT said:

Oh that will fix everything..Im sick of effing guests!..I want a team I can relate to..

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Its possible that the money to be invested to keep the club running was on an understanding that in return he and Johnson would have control over the team make up and since the Holdergate issue hes not paid the money as he didn't get the agreed freedom to sign who they had lined up but you'll likely never know the truth .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Fell off me chair when i read this on the website , 

28 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Oh that will fix everything..Im sick of effing guests!..I want a team I can relate to..

With the way our team is performing this season, I'd rather see us line-up with 3 guests tbh.

Will give us a 50% chance of winning a meeting if we borrow riders from other clubs (Excluding KL)

Credit where due he's the first proper number 1 we've had guesting but I'm the same as the above post where I'm sick of guests and R/R

So, assuming Peterborough and Wolves don’t make it to the tapes in 2024, that would leave five teams in the Gulf British League/Elite League/Premiership , even if Oxford were persuaded to move up , the League still would not be viable .

I say this with no pleasure but the system may need a revamp.

If Andersen isn’t sacked now then he never will be, that bloke in my eyes has gone from an outstanding club legend too a woeful way past his best club captain who needs too pass the torch and call it a day. I thought he was crap last year but this is ridiculous, Iversen has done nothing, worrall has had one decent meeting and that’s about it. Basso is actively trying and the same for Ben cook, and jenkins is continuing to make steady progress. 

This joke is going on too long and the performances on track are just abysmal. I’m not gunna sit here like a happy clapper and go down the route of thinking ourselves lucky, at the end of the day we are still paying for this rubbishe, it’s there job, you wouldn’t go around bodging jobs and still get paid top dollar so why are we paying that for this rubbish. 

There literally is no positives anymore, anyone that fully believes there is is in dreamland or on some very good gear 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Its possible that the money to be invested to keep the club running was on an understanding that in return he and Johnson would have control over the team make up and since the Holdergate issue hes not paid the money as he didn't get the agreed freedom to sign who they had lined up but you'll likely never know the truth .

It don't take much working out. Holder was never riding for Buster.. Everyone knew that. I can't believe MT didn't.