British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

15 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

The funds that Buster now has to put in Lynn as a certain crybaby didn't get what he wanted and the fact we have 2 gaping holes and Peterborough have a full 1-7 

According to Brady, he left KL financially healthy.  Chapman has said he won't put money in because what he's got left is his pension.

10 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

According to Brady, he left KL financially healthy.  Chapman has said he won't put money in because what he's got left is his pension.

What one persons financially healthy,  may not be another's, is all i would say. Buster is clearly talking about Laguta's wages, for the rest of the season imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Troy for Hans would be a decent enough move at this stage.

Edited by Panthers99

12 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Troy for Hans would be a decent enough move at this stage.

Not for Buster hes on his naughty boy list with Holder

22 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Not for Buster hes on his naughty boy list with Holder

As are most Aussies it seems! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Just now, lisa-colette said:

As our most Aussies it seems! 

Yes it does think Scrooge needs a visit from Dame Edna to help him see the error of his ways :D

No new incomings for Peterborough unless more finances can be found. Tungate is available but the deal needs to be financed. 

Tungate has been asked about his availability from another Premiership club from 1st July (not King's Lynn). 

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

No new incomings for Peterborough unless more finances can be found. Tungate is available but the deal needs to be financed. 

Tungate has been asked about his availability from another Premiership club from 1st July (not King's Lynn). 

There is zero chance this Peterborough team is over budget, quite frankly we're being treat with contempt and are now keeping king's Lynn afloat with our far bigger attendances, cheap team etc 

Granted we pay rent on in the stadium 

• Like 1

Tomalin hasn't paid the money then if we can't afford Tungate because our team is nowhere near close to being over budget, It's not even a team that's close to the points limit.

I'd like to think this is all part of a bigger plan for Tomalin to get the club for nothing and then spend big in 2024 but we might not even be around then.

32 minutes ago, TTT said:

Tomalin hasn't paid the money then if we can't afford Tungate because our team is nowhere near close to being over budget, It's not even a team that's close to the points limit.

I'd like to think this is all part of a bigger plan for Tomalin to get the club for nothing and then spend big in 2024 but we might not even be around then.

If you are willing to basically bank roll something, then, naturally, you would expect some/lots of control as to how the money is being spent..

If the recipient of your finances isnt willing to allow that, then the benefactor is quite right in withholding their cash..

Let's hope for Peterborough that there is a longer game at play here..

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If you are willing to basically bank roll something, then, naturally, you would expect some/lots of control as to how the money is being spent..

If the recipient of your finances isnt willing to allow that, then the benefactor is quite right in withholding their cash..

Spot on  ...... why can't more people understand this?

Edited by Panthers70
  • Like 5

Tomalin would be panthers owner now if they had either a long term lease of the showground or buster had requested reasonable deal given the above 

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

From the figure i heard, it was far from bank roll. It was more the fact that Buster wanted to take a back seat, so allowed MT and Johnson to take over the team, within Busters budget, as he was paying the wages. Holder was a no go from day 1. But MT went and did a deal with Holder in spite of this. Undermining Buster. . Buster spoke up, which as the owner and the wage payer, he is entitled to do. MT spat his dummy. I have been told by someone close, that what i have been saying all season is almost bang on. Hardly a word from MT after all he promised either.  Some Panthers fans are hanging on to the fact that  MT might be playing the long game here. But that don't make Buster the reason the money hasn't come in as promised. 

I know i keep posting this, but people keep blaming Buster. I know who i believe..

If the long game is being played, it might work out. If not, it's fooked your last season up. We will see..

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Panthers70 said:

Spot on  ...... why can't more people understand this?

I understand what Mike is saying 100% and I do agree, We all know Buster is a d**k though so he was never going to hand all the power over to Tomalin on a silver platter.

I'm just annoyed about potentially exiting the sport in this manner with no chance to rectify it, It's a very tough one to take.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Tomalin would be panthers owner now if they had either a long term lease of the showground or buster had requested reasonable deal given the above 

Hopefully we can make a breakthrough in getting an extension at the Showground because Buster is now in a weak financial position to a point where Tomalin can strike a deal at a reasonable price.