British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He's the master winder upper and you've just wandered straight into his trap....I'd suggest you stick him on ignore if you can't resist biting.

Pirates need to be on top form to keep it close. We are capable but need to hold it to ten points. With no tacs allowed, reserves play an even more important role and this is where we can come unstuck.

But I am sure we will be fired up and giving it our best shot!

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes far too expensive. Both Glasgow and ourselves have come in to form, it will depend on riders like Kemp and our Cooks for us and might depend on the guest Glasgow get, it is a shame that they don't have a full team but that is how it goes sometimes. Can't see Ulrich coming back, if Hume came back that would be a plus for them.

Has Ostergaard ridden since end of July? Heard they can use Starke or Etheridge in place of Hume, which would be a hell of a guest. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Has Ostergaard ridden since end of July? Heard they can use Starke or Etheridge in place of Hume, which would be a hell of a guest. 

Hume would be better at Poole though than either of them tbf. 

• Like 1

Wonder if might bring start time forward. Met office for possilpark has 50% chance of rain from 7 onwards. 

Probably take ruml over Starkey on this seasons form at reserve. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be etheridge given his last guest appearance. Big risk if ulle coming back for this match having not ridden for 2 months 

Edited by Jaizer

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wonder if might bring start time forward. Met office for possilpark has 50% chance of rain from 7 onwards. 

Probably take ruml over Starkey on this seasons form at reserve. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be etheridge given his last guest appearance. Big risk if ulle coming back for this match having not ridden for 2 months 

Ulrich would be too much of a risk in my opinion, historically he takes a few meetings to get back to form. Hume wouldn't need  that and could probably find his form quicker but still a risk . Etheridge has improved lately so maybe a possible guest although i appreciate he hasn't done well in the past at Glasgow. Starke is a bit off form lately so probably not him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ulrich would be too much of a risk in my opinion, historically he takes a few meetings to get back to form. Hume wouldn't need  that and could probably find his form quicker but still a risk . Etheridge has improved lately so maybe a possible guest although i appreciate he hasn't done well in the past at Glasgow. Starke is a bit off form lately so probably not him.

I'm not up on the averages but assume r/r would be broc, Tom, Connor and whoever guests eligible. Give Tom the heat 8 ride don't think it would weaken us all that much. Ruml would be my choice as guest, probably got Poole the draw earlier in season and gives it everything. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Find it hard making my mind up between Starke and Ruml if that’s the choice but I’m inclined to go with Starke, I think.
No-one’s mentioned Wells though……and although his average is lower than the others, he could be a good shout at Ashfield as replacement for Danyon.  I don’t know how he goes at Poole though…….     Vissing  was another I thought about but have been afraid to say…..lol

Also……a question…….Does Ben move to no.1?…….I see his average is higher than Cookie’s

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

I'm not up on the averages but assume r/r would be broc, Tom, Connor and whoever guests eligible. Give Tom the heat 8 ride don't think it would weaken us all that much. Ruml would be my choice as guest, probably got Poole the draw earlier in season and gives it everything. 

Yes was very fitting after Paulco said he was rubbish there when meeting had just started! :D

5 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Find it hard making my mind up between Starke and Ruml if that’s the choice but I’m inclined to go with Starke, I think.
No-one’s mentioned Wells though……and although his average is lower than the others, he could be a good shout at Ashfield as replacement for Danyon.  I don’t know how he goes at Poole though…….     Vissing  was another I thought about but have been afraid to say…..lol

Also……a question…….Does Ben move to no.1?…….I see his average is higher than Cookie’s

Wells got zero, so feel free to use him! :D

edit - one point after checking!

Edited by lisa-colette

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes was very fitting after Paulco said he was rubbish there when meeting had just started! :D

In fairness I think he'd got a donut couple weeks earlier lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I agree with your comment on Ruml, we all like a trier. Tom would be the one above Ulrich's average so i don't think you would suffer much with r/r although i wouldn't think he counts the Poole track as one of his favourites! 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I agree with your comment on Ruml, we all like a trier. Tom would be the one above Ulrich's average so i don't think you would suffer much with r/r although i wouldn't think he counts the Poole track as one of his favourites! 

That's cos he tries to ride it like it's BV! Even Dan Bewley struggled at Poole on his very first visit (by his standards anyway!)

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol……I saw that after checking myself…….he DID have an off in his first outing though. Don’t know if that was the cause of his bad performance. Also, looking back, I see Starkey got 8+1 from five the last time he was there with Oxford. Ruml got 8 from seven in the same meeting………I think I’ve made my mind up now…..lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No he's never had great deal of success at Poole. Compare his British final with the CLRC against a lot of the same riders will tell you that. but he's had a few goes now, he's maybe due a good one!!

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hume has had a very good season and is obviously a big miss, i met his dad at Leicester last season and was very impressed with his attitude and getting over his struggles, i think he is getting the rewards now and it is a shame he is injured. He is a very  nice guy and deserves success. I feel whoever they get a guest replacement will not be as good but Ruml seems to be the best choice.

• Like 1