British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

And Fast Freddie has always said he'd come back to Monmore before he retires. Not sure what average he would return on though.                    

Doubt he would now with his health problems (Long covid issues) 

Are we show-casing any new Euro prospects / new team members for 2023 in the prestigious staging of the Olympique tonight? 

Or is it Chris Harris and Scotty Nicholls for a change? :blink:

Edited by Lefty
Predictive texting!
  • Haha 1

Well it looks like Wolves are taking a look at the Italian Champion Paco Castagna tonight

Edited by scoobydoo

56 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Well it looks like Wolves are taking a look at the Italian Champion Paco Castagna tonight

I like Paco a lot, but is he really good enough for the Premiership?

• Like 1

1. Sam Masters

2. Josh Pickering

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Jacob Thorsell

5. Luke Becker

6. 4.11 Left assuming 39 point limit remains

7. Leon Flint

I'd shake things up a little bit, bring in a new face with Josh (hugely entertaining rider and best mates with Sam and Ryan, also team mates with both in Poland and with Sam in Edinburgh so they'd have good chemistry in pits etc)

Bring back Jacob, he's the type of rider British speedway desperately needs to get back, brilliant rider in this country, and lets be realistic we ain't getting world champ level riders over here so Jacob would be one of the better riders imo

Stevie seems to have done a good enough job as a second string but someone needs to give average wise and Drew seems to have fallen out of favour at Wolves from what I can tell? I'm guessing Nick will probably be back but who knows, he might end up at Leicester?

Not sure who the 4.00er could be? Perhaps a new Aussie, either not in this country yet or from the CL, or maybe even a Dane like Seifert-Salk?

Edited by Diamonds85

51 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Sam Masters

2. Josh Pickering

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Jacob Thorsell

5. Luke Becker

6. 4.11 Left assuming 39 point limit remains

7. Leon Flint

I'd shake things up a little bit, bring in a new face with Josh (hugely entertaining rider and best mates with Sam and Ryan, also team mates with both in Poland and with Sam in Edinburgh so they'd have good chemistry in pits etc)

Bring back Jacob, he's the type of rider British speedway desperately needs to get back, brilliant rider in this country, and lets be realistic we ain't getting world champ level riders over here so Jacob would be one of the better riders imo

Stevie seems to have done a good enough job as a second string but someone needs to give average wise and Drew seems to have fallen out of favour at Wolves from what I can tell? I'm guessing Nick will probably be back but who knows, he might end up at Leicester?

Not sure who the 4.00er could be? Perhaps a new Aussie, either not in this country yet or from the CL, or maybe even a Dane like Seifert-Salk?

Douglas can't ride Monmore and can't see him being back - think he will be seeking pastures new of his own accord.

Thorssell has been rubbish on the continent so wouldn't entertain having him back as he seems to be past his best.

Edited by magnificentseven
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lefty said:

Are we show-casing any new Euro prospects / new team members for 2023 in the prestigious staging of the Olympique tonight? 

Or is it Chris Harris and Scotty Nicholls for a change? :blink:

Looks like looking at a couple of Aussies with Ben Cook and Jacob Hook there tonight. Be interesting to see how Ben does. I will be looking in on updates to see how the Poole boys are getting on. 

Wolves could use a few changes, freshen things up a to bit. Is Tai Woffinden going to be back in the UK next season?

21 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Wolves could use a few changes, freshen things up a to bit. Is Tai Woffinden going to be back in the UK next season?

He is going to be moving back to these shores , but not to race here!!

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Castagna is a reasonable second strong in the Championship but he's never going to be any more than that!

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Thorsell be on 8.5ish average and his scores in Elitserien haven't been good.

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Unlikely.  Woffinden said he'd only sign for Belle Vue if he only had to ride home matches.  Signed for Vastervik in Sweden and will be in Ekstraliga, along with GP's that will be enough for him you'd think.

Would Morris prefer to stay at Leicester?

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I like Paco a lot, but is he really good enough for the Premiership?

Good around small technical tracks if he traps

6 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

Douglas can't ride Monmore and can't see him being back - think he will be seeking pastures new of his own accord.

Thorssell has been rubbish on the continent so wouldn't entertain having him back as he seems to be past his best.

Jacob's best days are behind him now just like ludvig

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Read on Facebook Wolverhampton have lost money when the online booking agency went bust.

No doubt the begging bowl will follow in due course.......

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No doubt the begging bowl will follow in due course.......

CVS would never do that.He said a few years ago at a talk in If I ever have to go round the town with a bucket  like they did at Ipswich please shoot me.

• Like 1