British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Certainly has adapted to Monmore much quicker than Leon Flint.But starting off at Plymouth and not Berwick has probably had a lot to do with it. 

Yes, I am sure it was less of a shock! ;)

Peterborough now have the same problem we had with Becker in that to replace Nicki Pedersen they can now only use a rider with a 25% lower average. With Leicester the only team not riding on Monday they will use Erik Riss at number 1.

Should make for a comfortable home win

Wolves v Peterborough has been called off due to thunderstorms.

Congratulations to Zach on his first full maximum in British Speedway. He's certainly adapted well to the track. Out of interest can anyone remember the last Wolves reserve to score a full maximum. It's certainly not been done in recent years.

I have a vague recollection of Tom Leadbitter scoring 15 at the spoons. Was it at reserve? Someone will be along……

20 minutes ago, 847084 said:

I have a vague recollection of Tom Leadbitter scoring 15 at the spoons. Was it at reserve? Someone will be along……

25 March 1972. Rode @ #7. Yep. Five ride 15pt max. 

I'm thinking he had wintered, racing in Rhodesia and came back fit and raring to go!

Sadly missed. 'Tiger Tom' Lichfield's Finest.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 9:40 AM, Call me wolfie said:

Congratulations to Zach on his first full maximum in British Speedway. He's certainly adapted well to the track. Out of interest can anyone remember the last Wolves reserve to score a full maximum. It's certainly not been done in recent years.

I seen to remember Ronnie Correy at Kirky Lane getting 18 one night off six, riding at reserve..

I seem to also think he missed his first ride due to late arrival..

Maybe confusing two different meetings mind..

I may have remembered it incorrectly but I'm sure a young Adam Shields got 21 from 7 rides at reserve early on in his career over here, can't remember what team though, might have been Arena Essex ?

1972 clearly a good year: Dave Gifford scored a paid max from reserve in May against Halifax.

Don't think it was at reserve but didn't Henny Kroese score the first 21 point maximum ? (riding for Halifax)

2 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Don't think it was at reserve but didn't Henny Kroese score the first 21 point maximum ? (riding for Halifax)

He did i was there.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Thers were others before

14 May 1968 for example.

Anders Michanek (Leicester v Coventry)

20 hours ago, gazzac said:

I may have remembered it incorrectly but I'm sure a young Adam Shields got 21 from 7 rides at reserve early on in his career over here, can't remember what team though, might have been Arena Essex ?

20 +1 from 7 at Ipswich for Eastbourne.

Edited by M.D

I got 7 + 2 from 3 rides Boston v Arena Essex 1986. :rofl:

• Haha 1