British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Doubt it, by all accounts we promised Hume as well so doubt we promised both of them a team place

Kemp is on the rising star list, Hume wasn’t. For whatever reason, Louis decided not to use Kemp and went for Jack Thomas instead. 

53 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Cant see it was Sheffield, he didn't impress last time he was with us

Tbf to Kemp he was unlucky at Sheffield, he was signed as a reserve but as the rest of the team struggled he moved up into the main body of the team way to early and then found it hard riding at number 2 thereafter which knocked his confidence somewhat.

• Like 1

There must be a reason no one wanted him... maybe the attitude issue are true and no one can be bothered to put up with the baggage? Personally i think he has struggled since the likes of Brennan and Flint have jumped ahead of him.. a couple of years ago he was seen as the next big thing but both those named above and others have now gone ahead of him and i don't think he has handled that very well

16 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

There must be a reason no one wanted him... maybe the attitude issue are true and no one can be bothered to put up with the baggage? Personally i think he has struggled since the likes of Brennan and Flint have jumped ahead of him.. a couple of years ago he was seen as the next big thing but both those named above and others have now gone ahead of him and i don't think he has handled that very well

True ....got so much talent aswell

1 minute ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

True ....got so much talent aswell

Has he? I'm not sure he has as much as say a Flint.. I think his talent is about on par with Brennan, Rowe, Thompsons but they are far more mentally resilient 

42 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Kemp is on the rising star list, Hume wasn’t. For whatever reason, Louis decided not to use Kemp and went for Jack Thomas instead. 

Strange  really.....kemp is actually  a better  rider ...Hasnt developed much since his early years ...Should be better  than he is ....

Just now, phillipsr said:

Has he? I'm not sure he has as much as say a Flint.. I think his talent is about on par with Brennan, Rowe, Thompsons but they are far more mentally resilient 

May be its a mental thing ...

On 1/13/2023 at 12:12 PM, lisa-colette said:

Going by SM maybe he is getting into a Danish team? 

Nope

On 1/13/2023 at 6:44 AM, Bagpuss said:

I also think teams have avoided Dan T because he is so good at Leicester and that perhaps inflated his average.

Not really Dan's home 5.73 (6.64) vs away 4.37 (5.02) is reasonably close. Compare that to Joe at home 5.62 (6.64) vs away 1.94 (2.71) who did get a team spot.

Sadly it's the likes of Kemp & Dan T doing too well that has cost them a team spot.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not really Dan's home 5.73 (6.64) vs away 4.37 (5.02) is reasonably close. Compare that to Joe at home 5.62 (6.64) vs away 1.94 (2.71) who did get a team spot.

Sadly it's the likes of Kemp & Dan T doing too well that has cost them a team spot.

Yep fair enough, just one of the victims of the reduced points limit unfortunately.

On 1/14/2023 at 8:11 PM, szkocjasid said:

On 1/14/2023 at 8:15 PM, Bagpuss said:

Yep fair enough, just one of the victims of the reduced points limit unfortunately.

I'm certainly glad the Prem kept the RS system!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

On the occasional times Kemp made the gate last season he looked smooth and fast. But he didn’t battle for points anywhere near as much as Leon Flint and I’m much happier to have him in the team

Doyle and Emil makes Ipswich pretty strong in heats 13 and 15! Look forward to seeing them at Monmore.

Peterborough look to have a terrible team but have room for a big signing. Their forum suggests it could be Freddie but surely not?

2 hours ago, DJWolves said:

Doyle and Emil makes Ipswich pretty strong in heats 13 and 15! Look forward to seeing them at Monmore.

Peterborough look to have a terrible team but have room for a big signing. Their forum suggests it could be Freddie but surely not?

Bassoracingfan seems to think it's Freddie but he has also said it Emil & Artum. I wouldn't take much notice of him.