British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Leicester - Championship play-offs semi final first leg

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

What a boring man you are zzzzzzzz

Not a boring man, just a confused one !!as he says Leicester are favourites by the proverbial mile, but also says Poole have the heat leaders to equal Leicester and the 2nd strings to beat them ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Not a boring man, just a confused one !!as he says Leicester are favourites by the proverbial mile, but also says Poole have the heat leaders to equal Leicester and the 2nd strings to beat them ??

Not forgetting Glasgow are favourites, by his logic everyone will be winning it.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Not forgetting Glasgow are favourites, by his logic everyone will be winning it.

Steve doesn't often look at it positively!  As i said once before if we had Bewley and Janowski he would find a reason why we would lose! My feeling is we should win especially with Hume out but i am sure Glasgow will make it very difficult for us and it will be close.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Leicester. Beaten fair and square tonight. Hit us hard from heat 1.

Consistent from the start and not afraid to ride aggressively into first / second bend.

heats 1 to 8 - 13 points ahead.  Honours even 9 to 14 until heat 15s 5-1.

A lot more fight from the Lions than our boys.

3 ex Monarchs scored 35 points, 1 less than our 7. Says it all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester tonight have been everything they were not at Poole. Favourites for the title by the proverbial mile. 

You used to be indecisive but now your not so sure.! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Mountain beat Masters, Thomsen, Castagna, Fredriksen (x2), Hook & Sarjeant. Only lost to Pickering.

Clegg beat Castagna, Fredriksen, Hook (x3), Sarjeant (x2). Lost to Pickering, Thomsen & Hook.

No contest between the two of them for man of the match imo!

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but you have to take in to consideration Clegg is a reserve.

Not sure what point you're trying to make?

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make?

Just saying beating those riders when you are reserve is a very good achievement. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Just saying beating those riders when you are reserve is a very good achievement. 

Clegg had 3 full seasons at Armadale though,more than most of the riders he beat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Clegg had 3 full seasons at Armadale though,more than most of the riders he beat.

OK well Mountain riding well is good news for Leicester and Sheffield. 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

OK well Mountain riding well is good news for Leicester and Sheffield. 

Mountain is riding well this season, he was excellent last night.

Didn't see this result coming. I had Edinburgh to win actually, fair play to the lions for a massive response. Kind of makes Saturday night a little disappointing now but I'm not complaining. I hope Edinburgh make it out the gate tonight so I can see some racing . 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Mountain is riding well this season, he was excellent last night.

Yes he has but not so great against Poole home or away except the meeting Leicester beat us at Wimborne Road

As a Glasgow fan I am very sorry to see the Edinburgh score. 

Not a worthy way to bow out of Armadale, with its vast vast history of success. 

When I think back to my first visits to Armadale I think of the imperious Peter Carr. 

Hopefully they do have a future, the promotion and fans are out of the top drawer!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Steve doesn't often look at it positively!  As i said once before if we had Bewley and Janowski he would find a reason why we would lose! My feeling is we should win especially with Hume out but i am sure Glasgow will make it very difficult for us and it will be close.

Put it this way if I was stranded on a deserted Island with Shovlar and a tin of beans I would eat Shovlar and talk to the tin of beans.

You would get more sense out the beans.

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

As a Glasgow fan I am very sorry to see the Edinburgh score. 

Not a worthy way to bow out of Armadale, with its vast vast history of success. 

When I think back to my first visits to Armadale I think of the imperious Peter Carr. 

Hopefully they do have a future, the promotion and fans are out of the top drawer!

Hear! Hear!  ……all the very best of luck to Edinburgh in securing some sort of future………(From another Glasgow fan).

• Like 2