British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinht

Stars v Wolves 22nd Sept

Will the Stars win? Yes

When will we hear the team line ups? Maybe tomorrow

Will we get an announcement of the dates for the remaining league match against BV or the cup final? No (don't be stupid!)

4 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Will the Stars win? Yes

When will we hear the team line ups? Maybe tomorrow

Will we get an announcement of the dates for the remaining league match against BV or the cup final? No (don't be stupid!)

I wouldn't think we will get an announcement on the outstanding Belle Vue and Sheffield meetings until the league positions are decided.Then we will know what dates are available.The cut off is Thursday so we will know after this when Belle Vue and Sheffield will be available.I would think/hope they have some provisional dates sorted.

Possibly the matches could be held on the two dates Sheffield are not in the play off semis.

9 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Possibly the matches could be held on the two dates Sheffield are not in the play off semis.

They could,but as Sheffield could finish top or indeed 2nd or 3rd the dates won't be known until Thursday,although their play off match at home is already sorted.

Kinsley at reserve ffs.I would rather see them go with a lad who could have a chance to go a little further in the sport.Kinsley has had his chance and we can all see he has got to his limit.Why not give Thompson a go from Sheffield he isn't needed there Thursday or even Jenkins,Peterborough are not riding Thursday.

It is said in the write up that they hopeful to confirm the dates for the final on Thursday,but it does say next month.

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

They could,but as Sheffield could finish top or indeed 2nd or 3rd the dates won't be known until Thursday,although their play off match at home is already sorted.

Would make sense to use those dates. Sheffield still have the Ipswich match to schedule, two dates not available due to pairs, and the possibility of Sheffield making play off final. Not too many dates available before November.

44 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Would make sense to use those dates. Sheffield still have the Ipswich match to schedule, two dates not available due to pairs, and the possibility of Sheffield making play off final. Not too many dates available before November.

Ipswich are at home next Thursday in their play-off match which leaves Sheffield free as far as my calculations go.Those two cannot face each other so surely there is one date that can be used.

7 hours ago, RS50 said:

Call me cynical, but I’m not convinced the Sheffield Ipswich fixture will be done. That meeting could well change the finishing order of the table, meaning the play off pairings would have ended up being wrong. Does it make a big difference? Possibly not, but it wouldn’t be ideal. I just think the finishing order at the cut off point (Thursday) will remain the finishing order. Could be wrong of course!

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Call me cynical, but I’m not convinced the Sheffield Ipswich fixture will be done. That meeting could well change the finishing order of the table, meaning the play off pairings would have ended up being wrong. Does it make a big difference? Possibly not, but it wouldn’t be ideal. I just think the finishing order at the cut off point (Thursday) will remain the finishing order. Could be wrong of course!

Sorry but you will be wrong- all league fixtures will be completed before the 31st of October.

Edited by racers and royals

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Sorry but you will be wrong- all league fixtures will be completed before the 31st of October.

Fair enough, and no need to apologise :D

• Like 1

I can understand no one being bothered in a meaningless fixture being completed after the cut offs but Sheffield v Ipswich would probably change finishing positions. Bonkers. British speedway tho

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

2 hours ago, bruno said:

I can understand no one being bothered in a meaningless fixture being completed after the cut offs but Sheffield v Ipswich would probably change finishing positions. Bonkers. British speedway tho

Totally shambolic and is part of the reason I (and many hundreds perhaps thousands) no longer attend

The "top" league is not even sufficiently organised to get what is about half the traditional number of fixtures run 

Meetings that have a material impact on finishing positions and therefore the pairings for the league title deciding play offs not being run within cut off timescales is simply unacceptable at any level of sport let alone a fully professional top level

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Totally shambolic and is part of the reason I (and many hundreds perhaps thousands) no longer attend

The "top" league is not even sufficiently organised to get what is about half the traditional number of fixtures run 

Meetings that have a material impact on finishing positions and therefore the pairings for the league title deciding play offs not being run within cut off timescales is simply unacceptable at any level of sport let alone a fully professional top level

Shambolic and speedway,,, it's like a match made in heaven.  If ever 2 words deserve to be in the same sentence,, it's those 2 

• Like 2

We’ve 6 teams in the league for Christ sake, how we’ve got to the stage where there are outstanding fixtures to squeeze in when we’ve had between April and mid September is ridiculous but here we are. To ride play off meetings with pairings that could up being the wrong pairings is embarrassing. 

• Like 3