British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

It's minimum 3 in the prem always has been.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well Ellis rode like he has already been told.

Thought you were a fan of Ellis

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

It's minimum 3 in the prem always has been.

Hasn't always been, there were 2 pointers for a short time 5 or 6 years ago.

• Like 1

Sheffield would have to be very ruthless to fit Tai and Jack into the team and I don't think they have it in them.

They stuck with Batchelor to the end which cost them. personally I don't want to see any of the second strings going

they all put the effort in

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Is it worth giving Bellego another chance instead of Ellis?

Wasn't Bellego dropped earlier in the season,if so would they be allowed to reintroduce him,thought that use to another rule.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's a minimum 2.00 in the Champ 100%. I'm pretty sure the minimum 3.00 in the Prem is to avoid clubs putting in 2.00 riders who would be out of their depth

Apart from a select couple, realistically isn't every "Rising Star" out of their depth?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Hasn't always been, there were 2 pointers for a short time 5 or 6 years ago.

Can't remember that to be honest.

I think this scenario would work 

1 Jack Holder comes back into team ahead of expiry of Tai Woffinden’s 28 day contract 

2 Same time as brining Jack Holder back in ahead of transfer deadline re-declare team removing Adam Ellis (6.00) and either Josh Pickering (6.24) or Lewi Kerr (5.73) that gives 12.24 or 11.73 and replace with Tai Woffinden (7.03) and Connor Mountain (4.51) for 11.54 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Can't remember that to be honest.

2018 rule book

16.2.4 Riders new to SGB Premiership & Championship League racing are categorised as follows:
Cat 1 & 2 Any rider riding in a professional league in the previous or current season will be assessed on a “Grading List. Based upon results obtained in all other Professional Speedway Leagues and given an Assessed MA accordingly.
Cat 3: Riders who are eligible to ride in the National Development League.
16.2.5 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the SGB Premiership & Championship League racing is:
Cat 1 as per the grading List
Cat 2 as per grading list
Cat 3 2.00

• Like 1

All this talk on the Bates threads about who to kick out as they chase their shiny cups. Bates’ win at all costs mentality came out during last years play offs, trying to circumvent the rule book, so I guess it’s rubbed off on his fans unfortunately. 

Not including injuries The Aces have made 2 -3 changes to the bottom end of the team over the last 5 years. 
I prefer that as fans can identify with their speedway family but that’s just my opinion and it’s ok for you all to favour the hire ‘n’ fire approach. 

The changes required to get Museliak, Woffinden & Holder in would be a redeclaration back to 39.00 with only days left in the transfer window.

Almost impossible to achieve. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ouch said:

All this talk on the Bates threads about who to kick out as they chase their shiny cups. Bates’ win at all costs mentality came out during last years play offs, trying to circumvent the rule book, so I guess it’s rubbed off on his fans unfortunately. 

Not including injuries The Aces have made 2 -3 changes to the bottom end of the team over the last 5 years. 
I prefer that as fans can identify with their speedway family but that’s just my opinion and it’s ok for you all to favour the hire ‘n’ fire approach. 

Sheffield had a win at all costs attitude in last season's play offs?

i was obviously watching the wrong matches

47 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Apart from a select couple, realistically isn't every "Rising Star" out of their depth?

No, can't agree with that

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 4BM said:

I think this scenario would work 

1 Jack Holder comes back into team ahead of expiry of Tai Woffinden’s 28 day contract 

2 Same time as brining Jack Holder back in ahead of transfer deadline re-declare team removing Adam Ellis (6.00) and either Josh Pickering (6.24) or Lewi Kerr (5.73) that gives 12.24 or 11.73 and replace with Tai Woffinden (7.03) and Connor Mountain (4.51) for 11.54 

That's not how averages work. Sheffield would have to build their top 6 to 39.00 unless dropping riders for lower averages.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The changes required to get Museliak, Woffinden & Holder in would be a redeclaration back to 39.00 with only days left in the transfer window.

Almost impossible to achieve. 

I was told in another thread that you're only allowed 2 Ekstraliga riders in your team??