British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

So Lewis Kerr plays his part and I would say has done what is expected from him for Sheffield.

Popular with all fans of Clubs he has ridden for. Sheffield looking good for play offs.

Another GB rider callously tossed aside to accommodate an ageing Holder who has shown scant interest in riding in the UK in recent years and a Dane.   Shocking state of affairs

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

I just can,t keep up with this anymore i don,t know who rides for which team from one day to another. Imagine collecting rosette,s of your teams riders like we did years ago you would probably cover the whole of your bedroom wall now.

I think they are still classified as official British speedway merchandise 

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

I just can,t keep up with this anymore i don,t know who rides for which team from one day to another. Imagine collecting rosette,s of your teams riders like we did years ago you would probably cover the whole of your bedroom wall now.

The good old days when riders rode for the same club for seasons on end 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

So Lewis Kerr plays his part and I would say has done what is expected from him for Sheffield.

Popular with all fans of Clubs he has ridden for. Sheffield looking good for play offs.

Another GB rider callously tossed aside to accommodate an ageing Holder who has shown scant interest in riding in the UK in recent years and a Dane.   Shocking state of affairs

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

Imagine explaining this to a new fan. I'd rather explain cricket to a new fan instead. 

Explaining what?

explain to a football fan that your team makes changes before a transfer window shuts, it will be a big deal in football in a few days with Sky having a full nights programme about who is signing, being loaned to who before the transfer window shuts

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 3

Glad to see Ellis go he's not cut the Mustard all season, in fact continued where he left off

at the end of last season.  Sorry to see Kerr go though no doubt they'll find a place for him

next season if he wishes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Its really very easy.

Pedersen left Peterborough for Taresenko, so Richie Worrall left Peterborough to join Leicester so Harris left Leicester to join Peterborough while Robert Lambert joined Kings Lynn so Laguta could join Peterborough and they're all gonna miss the play-offs god i love Speedway...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Explaining what?

explain to a football that your team makes changes before a transfer window shuts, it will be a big deal in football in a few days with Sky having a full nights programme about who is signing, being loaned to who before the transfer window shuts

That’s what happens in sport isn’t it ? If you not performing you get dropped. Speedway is slightly different as it’s governed by averages. Some changes work some don’t. No guarantees 

• Like 2

I might be wrong but these changes make me very happy  :wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

Pretty much every rider who has rode here for a decade should get a testimonial at every track in the land....:D

Bomber shoukd have at least 20 league title winners medals.  

And 20 losers ones too.,..:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Pretty much every rider who has rode here for a decade should get a testimonial at every track in the land....:D

Bomber shoukd have at least 20 league title winners medals.  

And 20 losers ones too.,..:D

Well he has got more titles  than Belle Vue in the modern era!

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Two British lads losing jobs to an Aussie and a Dane...

UK Speedway... :D

Three world class riders...

In their formative years...

One learned to ride in Oz...

One in Germany....

And the other was an MXer with obvious natural talent on a Speedway bike...

A conveyer belt of talent, all driven by the UK's fantastic plan to protect places for UK riders...:D

• Like 2