British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes so they used a more recent average and converted it.

28 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If only they(BSPA) would be more consistent whether to keep old averages or new ones.It seems sometimes they will make it up just to suit a team to fit a rider in.

If there is an established MA from the current season it will be used (and be converted where necessary).

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe some riders dont like it but many ride it well. I think it produced good racing years ago.

Years ago before it was made even tighter.

Sheffield should be using whichever average is highest. Established PL or converted CL for Vissing 

I've sent a text to clear it up.

"The 4.43 is an assessed average as V hadn't completed enough meetings with the rules that season. His actual ave for that year was 3.40, so gets the minimum ave of 4.00 based on his 10 rolling matches which is in line with this seasons rulebook." 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I've sent a text to clear it up.

"The 4.43 is an assessed average as V hadn't completed enough meetings with the rules that season. His actual ave for that year was 3.40, so gets the minimum ave of 4.00 based on his 10 rolling matches which is in line with this seasons rulebook." 

I agree with the rule that states the most recent average should be used, higher or lower and converted if needed.

On 8/30/2023 at 12:10 AM, foreverblue said:

At least it is before the play offs start not once they have started!

Exactly!

21 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Other than the Wolves riders I can't think of many riders who actually like Monmore Green. I couldn't understand why they used to hold the British Championship there year after year until the NSS was built.

Harris, Nicholls the list is endless.

SKY proved why Monmore was such a popular track. They always wanted it on the box. The track was always superbly prepared with Doc Bridgetts in charge and riders knew they were in for a well prepared track.

Some riders never got on with it because they didn’t have the skill or technique to handle it well.  It’s that simple.

Class riders can ride anything. Emil is proof of that. I remember first time Gollob rode it it literally took him 6 laps to figure it.

You need skill to ride it, pure and simple.

Since Doc left the standard hasn’t been the same sadly. But track prep has always been pretty important to Wolves.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:13 PM, Steve55 said:

Other than the Wolves riders I can't think of many riders who actually like Monmore Green. I couldn't understand why they used to hold the British Championship there year after year until the NSS was built.

Any rider who has talent has no problem with Monmore Green starting with Doyle and Sayfutdinov downwards. Throttle bashers e.g. Bewley will never "get it".Regarding the track, when Doc Bridgett was doing the track we won track of the year something like 3 years out of 4. The racing was superb, a very big loss to Wolves when Bridgett had to finish, he was absolutely key.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2023 at 6:31 AM, tellboy said:

If only they(BSPA) would be more consistent whether to keep old averages or new ones.It seems sometimes they will make it up just to suit a team to fit a rider in.

There was a ruling in that only meetings from 2021, 22 & 23 would be used in a rolling average. Any rider with an older average will start on that until 3H3A rides have taken place, hence Tai getting a new average on 2nd Sept.

When Crump came back, he was supposedly on an 8.4 average for PL but when Plymouth wanted to use him in the CL he was reduced down to 8 ( because he had another year out in 2020, HEY, so did everybody) so it could be converted to 12 to fit him in.

On 9/1/2023 at 12:02 PM, Skidder1 said:

So Woffy goes to Number 1 from 2nd Sept!!

Perhaps not as he's broken his hand at Cardiff.

Jack Holders doing well though.

11 minutes ago, Halifordukesfan said:

Just reintroduce Holder if he is fit enough

010.3.1 Cut Off Date
No team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date 
being 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who can 
only replace their original replacement.

42 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Just reintroduce Holder if he is fit enough

010.3.1 Cut Off Date
No team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date 
being 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who can 
only replace their original replacement.

Belle Vue bent the rules last year so Sheffield can do the same 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halifordukesfan said:

Yeah Jack also with a broken wrist which has a steel rod and screws supporting it.