British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

3 hours ago, ouch said:

010.2.3 AmendedMA’s

With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: -

a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)

BSP LTD = Cartel. Holders average will be re assessed down to 7.11 (at most) if the move goes ahead. 

Except apparently Vissing is 3.96 . 

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Except apparently Vissing is 3.96 . 

Surely Vissing has time be a 4 for team building purposes 

Non British riders cannot drop below 4....

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

no idea but if it is 4 then it is still under the limit. The point Ouch was making was that Sheffield were being underhand and their team was over the limit

Edited by foreverblue

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

My oversight, but still fits at 4.00

C Holder for Ellis is a strange one. He has shown zero interest in the UK (until this year when he signed (but didn’t) for the Panthers), is way past his best and will struggle to maintain his 7 pointish average imho.

knee jerk reaction from the Tigers management in my opinion but good to see changes happening before the play offs start.

On 8/28/2023 at 5:48 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How was this allowed - presumably visa were required

Two Brits replaced by two foreigners who are (by necessity of averages) considered inferior

I thought Brexit meant Brexit ;)

Nonsense - it’s sport and it’s a competition. Sheffield have made changes to make sure they are as competitive as they deem that they can be. 

That goes for any job in the UK. If somebody isn’t performing as they should, they don’t have a god given right to keep that job over a foreigner because of their nationality. That is irrelevant if they aren’t meeting the required standards.

• Like 5

It’s interesting the Holder-bashing too - he is well out of form in Poland and it’s pretty clear that he isn’t able to mix it at the top table like he did when he was world champion, however… it was only last year when he was flying for Ostrow for much of the year. He is without doubt a confidence based rider so if he can start off well then he might do okay…. Assuming the track isn’t wet :unsure:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

C Holder for Ellis is a strange one. He has shown zero interest in the UK (until this year when he signed (but didn’t) for the Panthers), is way past his best and will struggle to maintain his 7 pointish average imho.

knee jerk reaction from the Tigers management in my opinion but good to see changes happening before the play offs start.

At least it is before the play offs start not once they have started!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It’s interesting the Holder-bashing too - he is well out of form in Poland and it’s pretty clear that he isn’t able to mix it at the top table like he did when he was world champion, however… it was only last year when he was flying for Ostrow for much of the year. He is without doubt a confidence based rider so if he can start off well then he might do okay…. Assuming the track isn’t wet :unsure:

One problem is the Wolves track which he hates.

12 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Someone, a few pages ago pointed out the numbers game but has not been followed through. Pre 1/9 you are over the limit & signing C Holder @ 7.16 & Vissing @ 4.16 converted(total 11.32) to replace Ellis @ 6.00 & Kerr @ 5.73 still puts you over at 39.05. It is then the signing of Tai @ 7.03 for Jack @ 8.91, who says he can not commit if not 100% & not let them down, which has allowed the 3 changes & go under the limit. 

The 39.00 limit only applies for initial team building. For subsequent changes, weaker teams can build up to 39.00, while re-declarations for stronger teams must be lower than their existing total.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The 39.00 limit only applies for initial team building. For subsequent changes, weaker teams can build up to 39.00, while re-declarations for stronger teams must be lower than their existing total.

012.2 TEAM COMPOSITION
A Premiership team’s initial declaration must not exceed 39.00 points for the top 6 riders. Rising Star riders will be declared at number 7.
A Premiership teams declaration must not exceed 39.00 points in any declaration following the issue of established MA’s for 2023 for 6 riders, (excluding the Rising Star rider). Except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

My oversight, but still fits at 4.00

Yes, I should have checked the figures rather than taking it as red the info on here was correct. Schoolboy error on my part. 

Edited by ouch

22 minutes ago, ouch said:

Yes, I should have checked the figures rather than taking it as red the info on here was correct. Schoolboy error on my part. 

Never let the facts get in the way if a good rant!!

I think these changes are horrible for Sheffield. 

I'll say it now, Holder won't average more than Kerr. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think these changes are horrible for Sheffield. 

I'll say it now, Holder won't average more than Kerr. 

Signing Chris Holder was an easy option for Sheffield as he's been there with his brother several times this season. Remember he is returning after some horrendous injuries which may partially explain his low scores in Poland. For Sheffield a few low scores will be better than 0,0,0.

• Like 1