British Speedway Forum
Argos

Peter Collins Book

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Hoping it will drop through my door tomorrow.

Same here, not read a book for a few years now, probably Mort's book was the last one I enjoyed, really looking forward to this one, will be listening out for the thud as it lands on the mat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, moxey63 said:

My copy arrived today. The weight of 500-plus pages hitting the floor from the letterbox made me think I'd dropped my wallet. 

Very impressive, long-awaited book by one of speedway's finest.

Well done to all.  

Thank you. Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

Just got back from meeting the true "LEGEND" of British Speedway that is PC...

A phrase far too often overused but one million per cent applicable on this occasion... 

A good crowd it appeared so hopefully he will make a good few quid from the book..

And he looked really well, which was also great to see...

PC.... B)

• Like 6

On 10/26/2022 at 8:06 PM, OveFundinFan said:

Hoping it will drop through my door tomorrow.

Well it didn’t, nor today Friday 28th.

57 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well it didn’t, nor today Friday 28th.

It will like PC at the back fighting it’s way through lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

It will like PC at the back fighting it’s way through lol

Spectacular memories of him doing that. Watched this morning on you tube, 1982 world championship long track race when he hunted down Egon Muller on a really wet track….. amazing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Spectacular memories of him doing that. Watched this morning on you tube, 1982 world championship long track race when he hunted down Egon Muller on a really wet track….. amazing.

I'm in same boat mate, still waiting for my copy to arrive, fair enough though, I did read that they had over 1,000 orders for signed copies, which is great, here's hoping we get ours soon. It will be great to read what PC has to say about his racing career and I'll no doubt reminisce about the big occasions I got to witness over the years, he was the best of the best bar none for me.

• Like 3

Bloody good read only trouble is you need arms like Hercules to be able to hold it for more than 5 minutes lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, nw42 said:

I'm in same boat mate, still waiting for my copy to arrive, fair enough though, I did read that they had over 1,000 orders for signed copies, which is great, here's hoping we get ours soon. It will be great to read what PC has to say about his racing career and I'll no doubt reminisce about the big occasions I got to witness over the years, he was the best of the best bar none for me.

PC spent all day Saturday back at Retro Towers signing lots more copies, and we have hired extra staff to catch up the backlog. We've already made two trips to the Glossop post office sorting depot this morning with numerous sack-loads of books.

Thanks for your continued patience.

• Like 2

I've just received the book and, it looks quite amazing even though I've only skipped through it.

I don't know how these thing work but this book should be in Waterstones and all bookshops.

PC is probably a better known name to anyone over 50 than Tai Woffinden who's book was obtainable from high street bookstores.

This must be one of, if not the most impressive speedway book ever produced.

Well done Tony Mac and all involved.

• Like 1

On 31 October 2022 at 12:07 PM, TonyMac said:

PC spent all day Saturday back at Retro Towers signing lots more copies, and we have hired extra staff to catch up the backlog. We've already made two trips to the Glossop post office sorting depot this morning with numerous sack-loads of books.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Got mine signed by the great man last Momday..

A fantastic read....

Many of the meetings he writes about I was there for, so full of memories for me...

The pre Speedway life was also very interesting and just the right length...

Well done to all involved and for anyone who hasn't yet purchased it, don't miss out....

Edited by mikebv