British Speedway Forum
Garry1603

Belle Vue 2023

So, who do you think will return for next season? Assuming the rules stay similar of course. 

I'd want to keep Fricke (if he rides in the UK), Kurtz, Brennan and Blodorn and maybe make a move for Ellis if he were surplus to requirements at Sheffield.

Presume that Zagar might be too expensive to return which leaves Wright and Etheridge as options depending on the average limit.

I’d guess at 

Bewley (not going Oxford now)

kurtz

zagar

wright

brennan

blodorn

lidsey

id think that’s pretty much nailed on 

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

I’d guess at 

kurtz

zagar

wright

brennan

blodorn

lidsey

No rising star?

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

I’d guess at 

kurtz

zagar

wright

brennan

blodorn

lidsey

Combined GSA of over 47. Seems unlikely the points limit will be anywhere near that.

59 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Combined GSA of over 47. Seems unlikely the points limit will be anywhere near that.

Don’t count ya chickens yet 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Some want it scrapped, some don’t. No decision made yet. 

It seems to be being scrapped from what I hear. 
I don’t agree with that myself. It should stay 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

It seems to be being scrapped from what I hear. 
I don’t agree with that myself. It should stay 

The opinion seems to be that it’s not now needed, with far more options apparently being available to clubs this time around, married together with an increased points limit. Could see some pretty strong looking line ups next season, compared to what we’ve seen in recent years anyway. 

55 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The opinion seems to be that it’s not now needed, with far more options apparently being available to clubs this time around, married together with an increased points limit. Could see some pretty strong looking line ups next season, compared to what we’ve seen in recent years anyway. 

Indeed it should be stronger. But as always the BSPL promise so much in the build up to winter only to fail to deliver so we will see what happens. But I do hope the rising star stays 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Seems like they are trying to put bigger gap between the two leagues, with talk the Champ team ave is going down. Are they trying to phase out doubling up over a few seasons? 

• Like 1

Rising Star will stay imo just for cost cutting measures. Scrapping it means a higher wage bill and some clubs struggle as it is.

6 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I’d guess at 

kurtz

zagar

wright

brennan

blodorn

lidsey

That sounds pretty good to me. Would expect big improvements from the bottom three, especially Lidsey.

So what sized league are we to expect?  Just hope it's at least eight. Is Oxford expected to come up?

It needs to be eight at least really. 

Oxford have announced they are staying 2nd division but hopefully a couple of others might step up.........

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It needs to be eight at least really. 

Oxford have announced they are staying 2nd division but hopefully a couple of others might step up.........

Like who? Can only think of Glasgow. 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Like who? Can only think of Glasgow. 

Possibly Leicester.

You get the feeling there would have to be serious changes to entice anyone up though.