British Speedway Forum

I like Riss by the way, he’d be in my team for next year. At the time we lost both Riss and Barker in the summer we’d just gone 5 points clear at the top after walloping Sheffield unless my memory has failed me. The team had a lovely balance to it and we didn’t look the same outfit after the changes. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

And to think i used to see Ian Barney painting windows,  doors and walls then a few hours later on a friday night he was racing around the showground!!!

• Like 1

Not fully up with the rules, but noticed this..

Team declarations issue No.20 on 3-10-22                  Re issued on No.21 on  12-10-22                              

Doyle                                                                                            Doyle

Tungate                                                                                       King

King                                                                                               Riss

Batch                                                                                            Batch

Summers                                                                                     Summers

Starke                                                                                           Starke 

Thats the only change in the league.  Can Ippo do this at this stage. Bring Riss back now with one meeting to ride. He's been riding in the Champ .Asking for a friend;) 

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

How much do they get to keep? out of this they have to pay bike costs and mechanics?

Depends on sponsorship...

Woffy a few years ago said it cost him around £150k a year to race..

Massive sponsorship packages though so maybe they cover that?

I watched his blogs last year and Chugunov had an £80k Merc...

Not bad for a young lad his age.....

The TV and wider media deals are worth Millions of Euro's per year...

Even the "2nd Tier" will pay out £50k signing on fees..

The U23 league is pretty much being paid for by the better TV deal last season.. 

You only have to watch "normal" Polish TV to see several riders appearing in adverts for products during the breaks within prime time TV programmes to give a sense of the cut through Speedway has over there... 

Maybe one day it could get somewhere nearer the same over here...

(I wont say near as that would be too much of a pipe dream)...

Edited by mikebv

On 10/12/2022 at 11:07 PM, GeneralMelchett said:

How much do they get to keep? out of this they have to pay bike costs and mechanics?

As much as they want. None of the spend on vans & mechanics & brand new bikes every year is compulsory and a lot of it will be sponsored as well.  The ancillary stuff makes no difference to their speed on track but is more about keeping up with the Jones'.

And next season everyone will be spending a fortune on Karger ignition boxes,, then not too far into the future something else 

• Like 1

Most premiership clubs will need to invest in a club lawyer to keep up with Belle Vue

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not fully up with the rules, but noticed this..

Team declarations issue No.20 on 3-10-22                  Re issued on No.21 on  12-10-22                              

Doyle                                                                                            Doyle

Tungate                                                                                       King

King                                                                                               Riss

Batch                                                                                            Batch

Summers                                                                                     Summers

Starke                                                                                           Starke 

Thats the only change in the league.  Can Ippo do this at this stage. Bring Riss back now with one meeting to ride. He's been riding in the Champ .Asking for a friend;) 

As far as I'm aware Tungate for Riss was a temporary Injury replacement, so now that Riss is fit again he comes back into the team. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bash said:

As far as I'm aware Tungate for Riss was a temporary Injury replacement, so now that Riss is fit again he comes back into the team. 

100% correct.

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Do Ipswich have any meetings left?

5 minutes ago, Col said:

Do Ipswich have any meetings left?

Dont they have a "top of the table" clash with Sheffield...

Winner decides the title I believe it has been said.....:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bash said:

Not so sure it was,,, at the time I'm sure Tungates average was higher than Riss,,, so Tungate and Summers were a double change,,, to be a injury swap his average would have needed to be same or lower. 

Possibly Ipswich pulling a fast one,, cos we have a man in a position to be able to do so,,, and hope no one notices 

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Not so sure it was,,, at the time I'm sure Tungates average was higher than Riss,,, so Tungate and Summers were a double change,,, to be a injury swap his average would have needed to be same or lower. 

Possibly Ipswich pulling a fast one,, cos we have a man in a position to be able to do so,,, and hope no one notices 

Spot on Baldy. A straight swap Tungate for Riss couldn’t happen, so a double change had to be made to re-declare the full 1-7 under the points limit. The fact a replacement for Barker had to be made as well because of his unavailability is irrelevant. 

Besides, Riss has been fit and been riding for Redcar again for a while now. If he was simply an injury replacement wouldn’t he have to have come back in to the side as soon as declared fit?

We’ve basically just made another change out of the “window”. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Dodgy lot them at the Foxhole ;)